thirteen

Author's Note~

Hey everyone! I just want to let you know that this chapter is a co-written chapter with my awesome friend! Her WattPad is @EmoChick4078 Check her out! And this chapter may give spoilers to her story "Boys Love Too", so if you want to read them both up to this point, and then read these chapters, please do! We don't want to spoil anything for you lovely people, so a warning like this will also be poster in the chapter that corresponds with this one! (:

Love you all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Simon's P.O.V.

I can't believe I just left him there. I was so nervous.

I feel terrible.

I can't be here, in this house, where I'm not accepted. I need to get out. I got up from where I was laying on my bed, a small pool of tears had collected on my pillow. I grabbed my black coat off of my desk, and turned to leave. The window was already opened, so I jumped out. I am very thankful I live on the first level.

I wandered down our street for a little bit, until I saw some vaguely familiar scenery. An old, rusted sign marked the turn I knew I should take to go in a circle back to my house, but I skipped it. I knew exactly where I wanted to go now. The park. It was just around this next stop. I should check if Caden ever left. I walked into the park and over to the bench. He had left eventually. I bet he's asleep. Behind me I heard a swing creak. My heart thumped in my chest. Just the wind, right? I turned around slowly, and realized it was only a boy, about my age, sitting on the swings. He was just drifting back and forth, and he hadn't noticed me yet. I walked a little closer and his head flicked up towards me.

"Um...hello?"

"Um..hi." He looked down awkwardly, and then back up at me.

"Why are you here? It's so late."

"I'm sorry. I just wandered over here." The moonlight glinted in his hair. I will admit, this boy was striking, but I still prefer Caden to the world.

"N-no reason to apologize. I suppose something's bothering you t-too? That's the only reason I'm here." Why am I saying these things to him, a stranger no less?

"Yeah, actually there is. See I like this one guy, Hayden. He is so sweet. But I also think I might like this other guy, Travis. He so bad, and so cute.....and I just don't know what to do. What's your problem?"

"That does sound like a predicament. I- well. I've liked this guy for awhile now. His name is Caden, and he is really sweet and cute and I just get butterflies in my stomach when I think of him. He says he likes me, and I want to believe him, but it's hard....so hard." I looked down at my shoes, and then sat on the swing next to Evan. "What's your name? Mine's Simon by the way."

"Evan. Evan Fisher. And if he says he likes you... Maybe you should be friends for awhile. And if he's willing to be friends while you and him figure everything out, then he probably really loves you."

"Well, hello Evan. And that's the problem. I- uh- I kind of already asked him out today, but I ran away before he answered." I pushed myself off the ground a little with my foot. "And I just don't know what to do. Anyways. Do you know which guy you prefer? Or even have a list of pros and cons?"

"Um. I don't even know anymore, and I have a couple. With Travis, it's always 'what if?'. With Hayden, it's always going to be safe, but definitely not fun."

"That does seem like trouble." I tried to be reassuring. "We're just a couple misfits with guy drama, aren't we?"

"Yes, we are. And I have a feeling we're going to be friends." He smiled shyly at me.

"I hope so. It'd be nice to have someone to talk about all of this with."

We just sat on our swings, staring at the sky. I sighed.

"Well. I think I should go home now. It is getting kind of late, you know."

"Yeah. I have some thinking to do. Thanks for everything, Simon."

"Maybe we'll see each other here again sometime. Thanks for talking with me, Evan. Goodnight, and I hope you figure everything out."

I jumped down from the swing and stuffed my hands in my pockets. I didn't make it far before I heard Evan jump off his swing.

"Wait!" I turned towards Evan. "Do you have a phone? So we can tell each other what happens?"

"Oh. Yeah. I do. Here, give me yours and I'll put my number in it." He handed me his phone. I typed in the number and gave it back.

"See ya!" He ran towards the other side of the park.

"Bye!" I tapered off my goodbye as he ran farther and I couldn't see him anymore.

I started walking home, with fresh wild daisy thoughts popping into my field of a mind.

I need to be courageous. I need to stick around and wait for his answer. I need to help Caden through all of this. There is a lot going on in his life right now. I need to help lift his sorrow. Even if that means I have to stay a friend for awhile so he can think about things. I need Caden.