Chapter 31

Looking up at the village gates, you grin. It had been six or so months since you had left, and you wanted to see Kakashi and the others.

Glancing to the side at the sleeping guards, you smile fondly.

"Are you excited to be back?" Madara asks, somewhat placated by how much time you had spent with him.

"You know it. With all the missions I've been on recently, it feels like a vacation to be back here! To bad it's only for a night, though." You lightly complain, sad you couldn't fulfill the promise of a week spent here.

"You'll begin to miss it less and less though, trust me."

"I doubt it."

The sky begins to brighten a bit further, bright blues beginning to overtake the stars. People slowly begin to fill the streets, opening shops and starting the normal hustle and bustle you had missed whilst being a member of the Akatsuki, donning a mask to hopefully prevent recognition.

"You may think so, but people are greedy no matter where they are. It won't be long."

You sigh, his pessimism souring your mood. "The hunters won't come after me here. There haven't been that many, anyways."

"More will show."

"Madara, at least let me relax here. Please. I don't want to worry about that now." Your hushed whispers catch the attention of a certain spandex-wearing jonin.

"Y/N, is that you?! Nice outfit!" He calls excitedly, making those who had just woken up glare.

You gasp, turning around as your rather imposing, dark brown cloak slightly flutters. "Guy!" You cheer.

Madara stares at the tasteless man, his outfit nearly making the legendary shinobi recoil. Guy's general vibe was... certainly unique.

Guy bounds over, and you both engage in your normal greeting of a secret handshake.

It's so secret that I won't share it, even with you.

Anyway, after ending, Guy swings his arm over your shoulder, leaning in and telling you some stuff.

"Kakashi may not want me to share this, but I'll share it, just with you." Guy begins.

You snicker, urging him on.

"Others may not notice, but I've been around him long enough to know that something's wrong. You see, he hasn't been reading his book very much!"

You gasp dramatically.

"I know! When I did see him reading it, the book was upside down, and I had to point it out to him for him to notice!"

"Oh my!" You slyly respond. "When did all this start?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure it was just after you left, actually."

You repress the grin that felt the need to grow on your face. "I see, I see." You nod.

Hearing familiar footsteps, you discreetly glance over your shoulder, seeing a suspicious-looking Kakashi.

Perfect.

"Hey, Guy. Who's your new friend?"

As Guy goes to turn and shout out who you were, you stop him, a mischievous grin on your face. "Don't tell him." You whisper, soon transforming into a white-haired man with a voice that tied Madara's in how nice it was. Your blue face was decorated with three white diamond shapes right under your eyes and star-like freckles, whilst your horns stay hidden beneath your baggy hood.