Eryn's Mischievous Lie.

        "Wait... what?" I incredulously replied in a hushed tone as I finally processed his words and thought them through. Me pregnant with Loki's baby? Thor looked apalled by my reaction, so I decided to explain. "I can lie. I'll do it, but what if he doesn't believe me or knows that I lied to him? Before you know it, the weeks will go by and I will still look the same...What if he asks for an ultra sound, what would I do then?"

            "An ultra sound?" Thor asked puzzled.

         Facepalm. Asgard doesn't have the same technology as Earth does. "You guys don't have any kind of test that verifies pregnancy?"

          "We do." Thor replied thoughtfully and then got back on topic. "All you have to do is mention the suspicion of you being pregnant. Odin will call a doctor and this will give us time to think of something else."

          "Just to get this clear. All I have to do is say that I think I'm pregnant, right?"

          "Yes. And then you'll have a few more days until the doctor actually comes. It's as simple as that." Thor shrugged as if it was nothing.

              I tried to not gape up at him. Instead, I took a deep breath. "As simple as that. Right...How exactly am I going to tell him?"

           "You tell me. You're the one in love with the god of lies and mischief. I'm almost positive that his lying skills have rubbed off on you." Thor lightly teased, offering me a ressuring smile.

            I couldn't help but smile at that. "Actually, I always was a talented liar."

          "Wait...is that a lie or a truth?" Thor wondered.

           "You tell me."

**

         When I walked into the throne room, Odin was in his typical spot, seated on the throne. Thor excused himself and then closed the door behind him, leaving only us two in the room. I didn't bow this time and Odin took note of that, scowling at me and I silently cursed myself. I didn't do it intentionally. I'm still not used to being in a place that follows monarchy. Democratic over here.

        "I believe you know why I've called for you already." Odin stated.

       "Yes, I do." I answered. It was going to take more than lying to stay here, it was going to take acting. I averted my gaze from him, bringing myself to tears as I wished that Frigga was here. I don't know her well, but her presence is always comforting.

     "Thor has offered to escort you back to Earth and I want you to leave now before things get out of hand."

     "Things have already gotten out of hand." I spoke quietly and slowly raised my gaze up at him. "What are you going to tell him when he awakes and asks for me?"