Chapter 38

Read A/N at end please :)

--Xander's P.O.V.--

It's been weird not having Emilia live next to us. We still hang out though. It just hasn't been as much as before. We are actually at Adams house again because he literally has a game room.

Emilia, Tony, and Adam are playing against each other. Emilia and Adam are neck and neck right now. I can see Adam getting a little nervous. He was usually the best player out of all of us and that might not be for long.

"No!" Adam yells in disbelief.

"You beat the master!" I say shaking her shoulders. She lets out a laugh before we turn to Adam who has a pout on his face.

"Awe Adam, You're still the best. I only beat you once," she says.

"But we have never beat him ever," Tony adds with a laugh.

"Well you suck Tony, so it's nothing new," Adam laughs.

"Whatever," He grumbles to himself

"So Adam. How did the study thing go with Travis? You never told us," Clara asks. We look at him and see his features fall slightly.

"We actually talked for a while after he helps me with some work. He's straight but he was really chill about me being gay. It was kind of embarrassing but he wasn't rude about it," Adam says looking down with a shallow smile. 

"I'm sorry Adam. There will be someone out there for you," Clara says resting her hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I hope so," he says with a smile.

I feel Emilia phone vibrate and she glances at her phone.

"It's time for me to go. My parents are having friends over tonight," she says. My face falls and I nod my head sadly and start getting up.

"I have to get home too anyway Xander I can take her home," Clara adds in.

"Okay, if that's alright with you?" I ask Emilia looking down at her. She nods.

"Yeah, you can stay and hang out with Tony and Adam," She says giving me a hug before leaving. I watch as she leaves before plopping on the chair with a long sigh.

"What's wrong Xander?" Tony asks with a slightly worried expression. I let out another sigh.

"I just feel me and Emilia are growing apart? I don't know. It's just been harder to get together. Her parents are always doing things with her and I understand. She needs to spend some time with her family but it still bums me out," I say sadly. I know she needs time with her family but she doesn't come around as often as she used to.

"It will be okay. It is a little harder to do that when you aren't that close together anymore," Tony says with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Yeah, I know. It just always seems like she has plans, but that could just me being..." 

"A clingy boyfriend?" Adam says with a smirk on his face.

"If that's what you want to call it, then fine," I mumble.

My phone rings in my pocket and I pull my phone out and see my mother texted.

"Hey gotta head out any way I guess. I'll talk to you guys later," I say, sliding my phone back in my pocket while standing from the chair. 

They say their goodbyes and I head out the door, towards my car. I hop in and drive back home.

----