two

"I do not wish to go to the ocean

"I do not wish to go to the ocean. Yes, I - Riddle, do not test me today! My patience is thin!"

The Kelpie neighed and nudged Newt to the ocean on his map. Newt was sitting by the Kelpie's habitat, his legs swishing in the water.

"Riddle, I'm very busy - "

Riddle blocked Newt's book with his head, getting water everywhere. Newt groaned, while Riddle gave him a look.

"Really? You've gone to that extent?" Newt asked, annoyed.

Newt sighed and got out of the water. He used his wand to create a small tornado to try his calves off. Then, he used his wand to roll down his pants and grab his coat. "Fine. Fine, I'll go. Sometimes I dislike you." Newt left without saying a word more.

Then, he came back, scurrying back to Riddle with an apologetic expression in his face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that," Newt apologized to Riddle and kissed his ear.

Riddle rolled his eyes and nudged Newt away with his head. Newt stumbled back from the habitat.

"When I try to be nice, you don't want me to. When I am rude, you want me to be nice. I swear."

Riddle neighed and Newt jumped back. He shook his head in exasperation before grabbing his coat and suitcase.

"When I get back, we're going to have a proper discussion about this attitude," said Newt before he Disapparated to the beach. "Why does it even matter if I go to the ocean? You can't even find Kelpies in the ocean. Only mer-folk, undines, and sirens," Newt muttered.

Then, he stumbled upon a girl by the rocks. Newt looked around. He felt himself sweating. How suspicious would it be if someone found a young man with a naked woman? Newt reached out to touch her, but she woke up and hissed at him, sharp teeth bared. Newt yanked his hand back and breathed heavily. The girl sniffed the air. Her head tilted to the side as she looked at Newt.

"Uh - hello," Newt greeted awkwardly, shuffling his feet to one side.

"Hi," she whispered.

Newt shivered. He didn't know how attractive and sultry a siren's voice could be because he had never met one. And to him, he still hadn't because he didn't what the girl was.

"Are you lost?" Newt asked.

"I'm sorry?"

"Are you lost?" Newt repeated.

"Oh - uh. I suppose I am."

Newt raised an eyebrow. "You don't know if you are lost or not?"

"I mean, I don't know where to go because I'm not from here and I don't have a place to go to. Does that count as lost?"

Newt seemed taken aback by her response. He thought that he could take her to his house, but there was a possibility that she would find out about his beasts. He couldn't have a stranger - who was possibly a Muggle - find out about his beasts and report it.

Newt gave in to his Hufflepuffness. "Come along. I have a place you can go to."

Newt held out his hand for her to take and shortly after she got up, he remembered that she was naked and needed something to wear. He took off his coat and gave it to her.The girl put it on and brought out her hand - which was covered by his large coat - to her face.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"You're - uh - welcome."

The girl smelled Newt's coat which was by her face. Newt realized how odd it would be if a girl - wearing nothing but a coat and a man with no coat - walked the streets. Newt shut his eyes tightly and sighed. In one swift hand motion, they Disapparated. If Theseus knew, his arse would be baked in an oven.