ten

After Trinity left, Newt began to freak out

"Soulmate? What did she mean by soulmate? Oh, Merlin, what have I done?"

Newt paced in his cottage while Tina quietly sat down and thought about what happened. She couldn't wrap her head around it. No offense to Newt, but she didn't think he would actually find someone else. A small part of her thought Newt had liked her back, but when he saw Trinity, she was just as confused as he was.

"Was that your - " She cleared her throat " - girlfriend?"

Newt stared at her, not knowing what to say. "I'm not sure, but I'd like to get her back."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't - " She choked back a sob " - I didn't know, Newt."

"Of course you didn't!" Newt lashed out. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "I didn't mean to lash out at you. It's not fair to you."

"Newt, how can I - "

"It's all right, Tina. You've done enough. I'm sorry you had found me and come all this way, but perhaps you should go back to New York. It may be best for the both of us," explained Newt.

"Newt - "

"Please," he begged.

Tina silently nodded and made her way out of the case. When she was gone, Newt broke down. He cried and he screamed. He didn't know what to do. All he wanted was to get Trinity back. He didn't even know how much he enjoyed her company until after she left. He disliked himself for being so dumb. He didn't how to function. He didn't understand emotions or how to comfort people, let alone what to do in a relationship.

Love was a dangerous thing. Newt had known what he thought to love once. Leta Lestrange held a special part of his heart and he would never forget her - the same way he would never forget Tina for all their memories together, but now, Trinity held his present heart.