Chap.17: Desires

When I saw you,I saw love.

But when I saw us together in a dream,I saw the future...

💘

***

Mark's P.O.V.

I sat on the bed after getting treated by the doctor, eyes fixed on the window until Y/N walked in. I turned, knowing already what face she would make, and she did.

Her eyes got that wide look, her bottom lip trembled and she hurried to sit by my bedside. Her eyes walked from one injury to another, taking in the gore that was me.

"I'm okay." I simply croaked and tried to give her a reassuring smile,although my jaw too hurt.

She just sighed and hit my arm lightly.

"Ouch! I said I'm okay but not fully recovered!" I held my arm until the pain went away.

"You idiot!" She gave me her angry look with hints of worry, "You scared the hell out of me! You promised you'd be careful and look at you now! He could have killed you!!"

"But he didn't. I'm here now,aren't I?"

I could see the conflict already,her wanting to be strong and the raw need to weep welling up. It was only a matter of seconds before she gave in and started crying.

I patted her hair in order to calm her down. Aish this girl! She wants to act like a tough one when instead she is just scared and in need to be protected..

"I can't afford to lose you too,Mark..." She looked up and wiped away her tears, "I lost my mom and you're the only one I have left."

"That's not true.You have an entire family here,you have Jungkook."

"It's not the same. You were the only one who understood me,who helped me figure out my heart and who is now risking his life for me..."

"Of course I would,you're like a sister to me,Y/N-ah." I smiled and caressed her hair. "I know really well what having a mate means. I want you to be happy with him and to not experience what I did."

I could see the sadness in her eyes but I flashed her a friendly smile.

"I will be fine, you don't have to worry. We'll make them all pay for their deeds. I'm not losing this war,so cheer up okay?"

"Fine.." She just sighed and smiled lightly.

To be honest,I don't know the outcome of this war,but I'm ready to fight with all my being. For now,I just want Y/N to live her life freely...

*****

Y/N's P.O.V.

"How was he?" Jungkook asked as soon as I entered his bedroom.I just sighed and threw myself on his bed,right next to him.

"He just kept trying to hide it from me, but I could see he was hurting." I hid my face on the pillow as I felt the mattress move and Jungkook's presence closer to me.

"He could have killed them both! Your pack is in danger now and all because of me..." I let out all my bottled up feelings as a tear escapes my eyes.

Jungkook immediately wrapped his arms around my figure,engulfing me into his warmth.

"This is not your fault,Y/N-ah...falling in love is not a sin." He kissed my forehead and caressed my back in order to calm me down. "Hey,look at me."