XXVII

~Thursday January 20th~

Standing up from my chair, it feels like I've just woken up from a long night of sleep. I wobble slightly in my groggy state, which was induced by a ninety minute history lecture. I know Mr O'Connor means well, but listening to him talk about the Revolutionary War for an hour and a half first thing in the morning was not what I needed today.

I watch as Olivia scurries out of the classroom, quickly finding Cameron where he was waiting for her in the hallway. I don't bother trying to follow them, I hate third wheeling. I've brought this up to Olivia before and she says that she really doesn't mind when I join in on their conversations, but I prefer to leave them be when they're alone. I'd hate to intrude on an intimate moment, embarrassing all three of us.

So instead of chasing after Olivia, I spot Noah walking down the hallway by himself and go to join him. I think it's safe to say that we've become actual friends in the past week, which I am very proud of. If you had told me just over two weeks ago that I would soon call the guy who I thought was out to kill me my friend, I would think you had lost it. But Noah has changed, he's become much kinder, and I adapted my own attitude to fit.

"Hey Noah," I say as I fall in step with him.

"I'm not in the mood Teresina," he grumbles, just loud enough to be heard over the chatter of our classmates.

"What's wrong?" My tone changes from happy and casual to concerned.

"It's none of your business, I said I'm not in the mood," he replies just as grumpily. Before I can say anything else he suddenly turns down the hallway, in a direction that I know does not lead to his next class. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and stop at the side of the hallway, slightly hurt by his avoiding me. This is not the Noah I had dinner with on Monday, not the Noah that protected me from Andrew, not even the Noah I had a short text conversation with last night. I thought he knew he could talk to me when something was wrong.

"Don't take it personally, he gets like that sometimes," Cameron says from behind me. I turn around to see him and Olivia, they must have noticed the short exchange when they were stopped in the hallway. "Can't blame him really," Cameron trails off, making me even more confused. I look to Olivia, but she shrugs her shoulders, just as clueless as me. Cameron seems to get lost in thought for a moment before continuing. "Anyway, he'll calm down soon enough. Just give him some space. He'll reach out to you when he's feeling better." I look back at Cameron again, desperately trying to process this information enough to form a response, but I come up with nothing. I have absolutely no idea what is going on right now. "See you guys later," he says, sending a small wave to Olivia who returns it with a sweet smile. As he walks off, I continue to open and close my mouth like a fish to Olivia.

"Girl, I don't know," she says before I can even ask. We both turn and walk towards our classrooms.

"What... just happened," I finally say.

"I still don't know, but I have a completely different question for you."

"Shoot," I say, not wanting to think about Noah anymore right now.

"Do you think Andrew could be a werewolf?" Olivia says in a hushed voice. I immediately stop walking and Olivia pauses too, likely anticipating my reaction.

"Are you three on some kind of drugs?"

"No, I'm being serious."

"Am I dreaming right now? Neither you, Noah, or Cameron are making any sense."

"You're not dreaming, I'm actually serious about this," she says, pulling my arm to make me continue walking. "I have evidence."

"Nothing you say will convince me that Andrew is a werewolf."