Promising•Pt.2-Johnny

For @Outsiders4Days.

PROMISING

Chloe's POV

I got a hold of Johnny's hand. We ran like we never ran before. I didn't get to turn back due to all of the fear going through my body.
"Are they still following us!"
Johnny turned back.
"Yes! Keep running!"
I tried to think fast. I knew somehow the Socs were going to get a hold of us. So I quickly searched meanwhile I was running. Luckily I saw my house near by. Again I grabbed Johnny's hand and pulled him to my house. I got my keys, but opened it shakily.
"Chloe, there coming," he whispered.
Poor little Johnny. He was probably afraid. More than I was. I finally opened the door, and as I tried shutting it, someone's foot stopped it.
"Johnny help me out will ya?"
We pushed the door, with much force. The Soc was stronger though. I took one deep breath and pushed the door with all my force. And then shut. The door closed successfully. I quickly locked it. Once we were clear, I sighed. I leaned against the door, sliding myself down to sit. Johnny and I were both breathing heavily. The only noises being heard was the knocks and kicks against my door. After a few minutes it stopped. They left. I was relived. The Socs actually gave up. I laughed.
"What you laughing about?"
I looked up to Johnny. His eyes were widen, and his skin tone went almost pale.
"The Socs actually left us alone. Them suckers."
Johnny nervously chuckled along. He took a seat next to me. I placed my head on his chest, hearing his heartbeat. It was sure going hard. Then I brought myself up to his jawline and pecked it.
"You alright?" I asked grabbing his hand.
I felt him nod.
"I'm sorry." He whispered.
"For what."
"For putting you through that. I didn't want all of this to happen. I should've known this was gonna happen."
It wasn't Johnny's fault. And it isn't. He meant no harm. We didn't know this was going to happen. I brought my fingers up to Johnny's chin, and pulled it towards my face.
"It's not your fault. I had fun anyway. Just us being together, was wonderful."
I kissed his lips. And everything was perfect. We were together alone. No one interrupting us. Just us. If it wasn't for the Socs, we would've been together, but calmly. But as long as we were together now, here, I was still the happiest girl. I smiled. Johnny pulled away and smiled too. It was like if we were in a place. A place without Socs, and any other interruptions. Everything was perfect.
"I love you Johnny."
He pecked my lips and side hugged me.
"I love you more, Rose."
The rose. It was gone. It was no longer in my presence. Johnny so kindly brought me it. And it was something that I would've cherished.
"What's wrong?" He asked rubbing my arm.
"The rose. It's gone."
I brought my head to his chest again. He placed his chin on top of my head.
"Oh don't worry. That was nothing."
I sarcastically chuckled. Nothing? It meant everything.
"Well I guess your right."
"Hey, don't get upset."
He brought my chin up to the level where I can see him.
"Chloe. We've been dating for a while now. I know it's not our 1 year anniversary, but i thought I should do something special for just a special girl. I love you. And I'll always will no matter what comes upon us. Within that, will you accept this, as a promise. A promise to keep our love for each other forever?"
I frowned and thought whether if this was a proposal. We were way too young. But he took a small black box and opened it, showing a ring with a rose design. It was beautiful.
"Oh Johnny. I love it. And yes. I will accept this as a promise."
He smiled and placed the ring on my left ring finger.
"A promise to keep our love forever."