40

Double update! Please don't skip ch 39 I posted last night !!

Sunday. July 5, 1987

Eddie awoke to a weight pressed against his side, he turned to look at the boy. A flood of memories from the night before, caused him to sit up in his bed abruptly. He smiled down for a second, tracing circles onto his leg with a finger, glancing at the sleeping figure by his side. He looked around the room to see a few of his friends who must've been too tired to get to their own cabins after their night of adolescent misconduct. Eddie rubbed his eyes slowly, annoyed that he was always the first one awake. He heard rustling by his side and turned to see the sleepy boy rise from his spot as well. The boy ran to the bathroom, cursing. Eddie frowned for a second.

"Eddie?" A voice groaned from a few feet away. He turned to see who was speaking to him and Jesus Christ he needed to take a mental note to never drink again. "What the fuck happened last night?" The boy questioned.

"I-" Eddie felt his stomach flutter. "Uh-"

"Will, I think it's real now." Eddie spoke quietly staring at his friend who was on the ground. Before the boy could respond, they jumped at the shouting coming from the bathroom.

"Richie! You asshole, get out." Stan's voice shrieked. Oh, yeah. Eddie had forgotten that Stan was dared to sleep in there.

Richie stumbled out of the restroom and he and Eddie locked eyes. Eddie smiled but Richie looked away quickly, retching before running out the front door. Eddie's smile slowly faded. Richie needed time, he thought.

He rushed out of bed to help the taller boy, regardless, fanny-pack in hand. Once outside, he was met by a hunched over Richie who was being sick all over the shrubs beyond the front porch. Eddie reached over and rubbed the boy's back, soothingly. Richie tensed up and glanced over to see who it was.

"Hey," Eddie muttered. He'd never had a boyfriend before and had no idea what to do to make things feel more normal. "I'll get you some water."

Richie stayed silent, staring down at the ground as if he didn't even hear the boy. Eddie ran inside and grabbed a water bottle from under his bed. If he learned anything from his mother and her overbearing precautions, it was to be prepared for time like this, not that she'd condone drinking of any kind.

"What's going on?" Will questioned, wandering around the room to pick up stray beer bottles. Mike was passed out on the ground in the corner and Ben was taking advantage of Richie's bed.

"Richie's sick. He drank so much, I'm just getting him some water." Eddie said, brushing past Will.

"So you talked to him?" Will pressed. "About your feelings?"

"No, I didn't." Eddie paused. "I didn't have to. It's real now. He's my boyfriend."

"Did he say that?" Will looked genuinely confused. Eddie was annoyed, he didn't understand how Will could question this. He knew Richie meant it and the fact that Will didn't understand only made him want to avoid the boy all together.

"I mean have you even decided that you like him? What if it's just boys, what if it's not him specifically?" Will was shaking his head.

"No, but-" Eddie couldn't think clearly. "I don't have time for this. He needs my help." With that, Eddie was out the door looking for Richie. Richie was sitting on the ground with a hand over his face. Eddie approached him with a small smile before handing him the water.

"Thanks." Richie mumbled. The smaller boy took a seat next to him which caused Richie to speak up.

"Eds," He muttered, eyes closed. "Before you say anything else."

"What?" Eddie froze, tuning in to hear what Richie had to say.

Richie tipped his head back, sighing. "I was drunk. We were both drunk. Whatever happened last night, was fun, but it wasn't real."

Eddie's throat grew dry and he felt a pang in his chest. He couldn't believe it. He knew this would happen. He knew it.

"You said you could be serious." Eddie pinched the bridge of his nose, unable to look at the boy by his side any longer.

"I didn't know what I was saying. It doesn't change anything. We're friends, we can stay friends. Till the end of summer, remember? Fake boyfriends." Richie went on.

"I didn't even get to tell you-" Eddie tried to reason with him but Richie was already shaking his head.

"It's okay. We were drunk. No need for that now. Let's not let last night ruin what we have. I mean it's not like we're actually gay. Alright?" Richie was asking but it didn't seem like he was going to take no for an answer.

"Yeah. Right." Eddie said before standing to his feet and going back inside. Will gave him a questioning look but all Eddie did was silently push him out the door. Eddie did the same to Mike and Ben who had woken up. He didn't bother with Stan and Bill once he found that they were both leaving the bathroom on their own. Once alone, Eddie climbed into bed and pulled the blanket over his body. As soon as the darkness consumed him, he let himself cry.

➳ ➳➳

rip. this sucks... poor eddie. what a mood.

but ooo yea double update!!! can u believe it? I can't. But i did it. I really miss updating every day. It was so fun. I'm really trying this time. Thank u all :)

-kat

august 13, 2018

12:20 pm