[XXXVII]

Three more chapter till XL...
It has been a long journey. Merci beaucoup!

🚼

"I'm still mad at you though."

"Baby..." I groaned and begged. "I said sorry did I not? Please?"

"No." She pouted and stuck her tongue out. Was I still not completely forgiven?

"Baby..." I whined. I was needy. I pulled her into my arms as I petted her head gently, hoping to coax her into forgiving me, at least enough so she won't keep me away from her.

"No...you were bad, daddy." Her eyes looked hurt as she pouted. I had done that...and it tore me apart.

"I know Baby..." I really was sorry. I should have never gone, I should have just told my mother that I had someone that I loved. "But...I promise you, it did not mean anything. Like I said, it was for my mother. She had this set up and I couldn't say no."

She sighed, her hair freshly dyed dark red-black. She knew I was sincere. I could see it in her eyes that she understood but she was still hurt.

I stayed quiet as she went into the closet. I followed like a attention needy puppy, hoping she do not do the things that she could. Her movements were slow as she undressed. Silently, we said nothing to each other.

I kept my eyes on her back, looking small.

"Baby," I called out, my courage finally coming back. It was overruled by my desire to be with her.

"No." She didn't turn around as she placed on a silk black robe, before turning around back. She was still upset. I could not blame her. But I could not help but admire her pretty body. "You...lied to me."

"I..." I had an excuse. I also had reasons that I could have used to back up myself but I kept it to myself. This was no time for me to have the last word. This was time for reflection—because I did wrong her.

My Baby's lips pressed together as she walked closer to get out the closet, but I did not move. I watched as her movements slow, pained me. The smile in her eyes was gone as she looked up at me. Two eyes were red and puffy.

"I'm sorry Baby, I'm sorry...let me make it up to you. Please..." I pulled her into a gentle hug, nestling her in my arms. How perfect it was to have her in my arms. "I'm sorry..."

"Then, you'll listen to all I want today?" She said curbing her stubbornness a bit for me.

"Anything—for you..." I kissed her cheek as I filled myself with her presence. It was as if cleansing myself from before.

"Then I want to punish you..."

🚼

And punishments they were indeed.

My eyes were wide as I stared at my Baby, who took control.

Terrified or not, excited or not, pained or not...my Baby was home.