[16]

(Y/N) stirred in her sleep as her eye's slowly fluttered open. The sun was beaming into the room, lighting it up with fresh morning sunlight rays.

The first thing she opened her eyes too was Ayato's face. Her heart thudded in her chest as she recalled the events of last night.

Lightning. Thunder. Fear. Ayato.

He was asleep. Strands of his blue hair drooped over his shut eyes and were tossed around his handsome face. He looked at peace. Content. He looked younger and more attractive with his face not pinched into his usual scowl or blank glare.

She blushed. What was she doing? Sleeping in his bed and watching him sleep like a complete weirdo.

She tried to move away but gasped as strong arms wrapped themselves around her waist and pull her closer to him. She realized his face's close proximity. He was so close she could feel his gentle shallow breath fan her delicate face. So close she could count his unusually thick and long eyelashes as it grazed his cheeks. She realized how truly breath-taking he was, now that she was so close to him their noses were almost touching.

"You watching me sleep almost feels creepy if I wasn't so flattered." He murmured. His voice low and husky, sending shivers down her spine.

She opened her mouth to deny what he said, despite the fact that he was right, but before she could he opened his eyes and she froze.

They remained in eye contact for what felt like eternity. She could truly see how clear his blue eyes were and he stared into her eyes with such intensity it was almost impossible to look away from and left her cheeks tinted a bright red and her heart beating a mile a minute.

"I-I wasn't--" she stammered out in embarrassment.

"Understandable. I would've done the same thing if I were you."

She blinked, shocked at the cockiness evident in his low, suddenly deep voice. "Don't get too flattered Ayato-kun, I might've been sleeping with my eyes open. It happens sometimes."

He smirked. "With that dreamy look on your face? I doubt it."

"Dreamy look on my face? Pff, h-how'd you figure that out?" She countered but the blushing and stammering didn't help her case.

"Your heart rate was increasing." He answered simply, looking smug, his blue eyes dancing with mischief and amusement.

She blushed deeply at being caught redhanded and tried to squirm away from the embarrassment when she froze and glanced down at their tangled bodies.

It was now that she realized how awkward and intimate the position they were sleeping in was.
His arms were around her firmly, theirs legs a tangle mess and their faces inches apart.

She tried moving back to create more space between them, but Ayato kept her in place, his grip around her was firm and strong. She tried again but didn't even bulge.

She looked back into his eyes nervously and gulped when she saw that his bright blue eyes had changed into a dark navy blue color. The sudden change of intensity in his dark blue eyes was overwhelming.

"A-ayato-kun?" She stuttered out, her eyes wide.

A sound vibrated off his chest and send chills down her spine. A growl.

"You smell nice," he murmured, his voice deep and husky. And (Y/N) just about died when he said that.

He was staring at her eyes, glancing down at her plump pink lips every so often, then occasionally sweep down to her exposed neck.