Recovery

{WARNING: Season 7 Spoilers}

{Keith X Deaf! Reader}

Edit By: @/daniwry_

        Blinding white lights and muffled voices overwhelmed me with confusion, anxiety, and most of all a searing pain that rippled through my whole being. A few blurs of faces and flashes of memories passed by in a blink of an eye. Everything was static and flurry, putting me in a constant state of discombobulation.

     I heard a constant ringing in my ears along with the muffled beating of my heart in my ears, none of that could drown out the repetitive word that became clearer the more it was repeated by each silhouette in my field of vision.

Critical Condition

      Everything around me became dull, black and white. I couldn't feel anything, then everything went silent and I felt a part of me, simply drift off in a nonexistent direction to eventually become something in the past.

~•~

       My eyes fluttered open to the sight of a hospital room, cast in a warm orange glow due to the sun setting outside.

       My vision shifted over to my left, where a vase of crimson roses stood in their beautiful glory, a note and a familiar music box that my parents had given me for my fifth birthday.

      My parents...

          I hadn't seen them in so long...

              Ever since the incident.

   Leaning over towards the small box, I nimbly lifted it and set it on my lap. A trace if a smile on my lips as I studied the worn down paint and collected dust on it from the years being untouched. I began to recall the events that unfolded in the past years being in space.

      I'm home.

     I was a young cadet for the Garrison Space Explorers Program, I strive to become a successful technician and mechanic just like my mother. I was full of curiosity, wonder, as every young striving person should be. Then events unfolded that ended me up in space with seven others, becoming the Universes protector, a brave Paladin.

   Much had happened with the time I spent out in space, I saved countless lives, fought bravely alongside the people I hardly knew in the beginning, putting my life in their hands while I trusted them with mine, and eventually becoming engaged with none other than Keith.

      My grip tightened on the small music box in reaction to my body tensing up.

     A throbbing ache in my head began to pulse as a memory flashed before my eyes.

     Tears rolled down the sides of my face as I stared at the holographic screen, a broken sob leaving past my lips as I called out his name in distress.

     I widen my eyes as the pain subsided.

   The fight against Sendak, the strange robot.

   I was inside Atlas the whole time, aiding Voltron in this final fight.

     My fingertips grazed the rusty golden knob on the bottom of the box, rewinding it slowly, carefully.

     "Keith wait!"

        I sprinted up to the Black Paladin and wrapped my arms around him, he stumbled back a bit in surprise, blushing slightly from the PDA. I pulled back slightly to gaze up at him.