Chapter 10

Gimme a :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night after the attack of Jericho, the deviants decided that enough was enough.

They will stand for their freedom, and they're going to show the humans their determination tonight. They will make the humans believe that they are alive and born to be free.

Although, not all androids think that way...

There stood an android on the roof, who believed that his race are machines and nothing more. He was programmed to accomplish his mission.

He had a sniper in his hands, aiming at the android leader, Markus. Should he succeed in killing Markus, he will prevent civil war.

But of course, with how important this mission is, there will be obstacles...

That includes the two former partners of his, Anderson and (L/n).

"You shouldn't do this, Connor!" Hank said, gaining the attention of the android. "They just wanted to be free!"

"This is none of your business, lieutenant." Connor glared at Hank, he is so close to accomplish his mission now. He won't let anyone get in their way. But when he took a glance at the female lieutenant....

Why did he hesitate back then? He would've have less obstacles to deal with, but he didn't do it. He didn't kill you, allowing you to escape.

He won't do it ever again, even if he doesn't want to-wait..what's he talking about?! He HAS to do it! It's in his program! It doesn't matter how he thinks! He must accomplish his mission!

"You're trying to kill a man who just wanted the best for his people, that is my business!" Hank took a step forward, not showing any fear whatsoever. It doesn't matter how perfect Connor is when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, he NEEDS to stop him. "Deviant's blood may be a different color than mine, but they're alive."

"Deviants are a threat to humanity! They're the reason why the country is on the brink of civil war-"

"That is OUR fault! We refused to listen to them and look what it has gotten us into!" You interrupted, taking a step forward. "They didn't shed any blood! We did! We kill so many of their kind! They just wanted to be free, what's the harm in giving them what they deserve?"

"Humanity never learn from their mistakes, Connor." Hank shouted, "This is your last chance! Do you really want to crush their dreams to be free? Are you really that heartless?"

"...." moment of silence...no one made any noise, except for Markus's speech to the androids from afar.

"I don't even have the heart to start with, Lieutenant." That's that. Hank had enough and pulled his gun out, aiming at Connor like he did the other night when they had a case.

"Step away from the ledge," Hank didn't show any emotion, but on the inside, he is actually upset that he has to do this. "or I'll shoot."

It took Connor a while before he decided to do what Hank said.

"Don't make this hard for us, Connor.." You said soothingly, eyebrows furrowed in hopes that Connor would understand.

"I...am a machine.." Connor murmured, looking at the ground before looking at the two of you with murderous look. "..and I always accomplish my mission."

Without warning, he threw the gun at Hank, in attempt to distract him while he charges at him, showing that this time he really won't hesitate to kill them.

Because of his perfect, flawless ways and technology, he had the upperhand even if he was outnumbered. He kicked the gun out of Hank's hand and pushed him away, making him stumble a bit.

He now has the time to grab the gun and end them.

You grabbed your gun out and aim it at Connor, who noticed you and tried to grab the gun.

Of course, being an android has its perks. He won't flinch every time he got hit, since he won't feel pain. Without warning, he took the gun out of your grasp and pushed you down to the ground. He pointed the gun at you.

"Now's your chance, Connor...shoot her and she won't be a problem.." Amanda whispered in his ear. He loaded the gun before pointing it at you again. Now he needs to do it, right here and now. No mercy.

....

But why..? Why is he shaking? There's got to be a reason. He isn't shivering, that's for sure. He can't feel the cold, only child androids have that mode. So why..?

His bottom lip quivered a little as he can't seemed to steady the gun. Why can't he shoot...?

"Shoot, Connor...SHOOT!" Amanda shouted, but there's another voice, telling him not to....

"I..." Connor lowered his gun, "I..can't..."

Your eyed widened at his actions. He's showing....empathy...mercy... "Connor..." Hank slowly stood up, looking at Connor bewilderedly.

"I must not fail my mission." Halfway through his sentence, his tone changed. Without warning, he raised his gun once more and shot you straight in the abdomen.

~Markus~

Markus shot his eyes at the roof from afar, covered by the trees. He could've sworn, he heard gunshots. Maybe it's from innocent androids that are getting shot at right now.

If he doesn't succeed, androids might be nothing but a part of history....

You did a big favor for him, and he won't forget that.

~You~

Connor lowered his gun to his side as he looked at you, with eyes so wide. He dropped the gun and began to shake uncontrollably.

He shot you.

He

Shot

You.

Shouldn't he be happy? Happy that he finally shot you? Finally going past the obstacle that's been blocking him from the finish line?

You began to pant heavily as you placed your hand over your wound, blinking the tears away.

" (Y/N)!!!" In a bat of an eye, Hank was by your side, checking your wounds. He glared at Connor, never in Connor's existence has he seen such vicious look. "You...you...! I can't believe you did it...you..you monster..!"

I....I'm...I'm not a monster...I'm.. I'm.....

Connor took a step back, shaking his head before running to the exit.

~~~~~~~~~

School's starting and I'm dying :'D

Which means there won't be as much updates as before.