Chapter 25

Zaria's POV

"I really need someone to talk to right now." I plopped down on a seat beside Lyla and she stared at me warily.

"Since when? I have known you to have everything all figured out. Now you want to talk to someone. I can feel my best friend instincts tingling." She said in one breath and I scoffed at her.

"I don't think you'd like me so much after I say what I'm about to say." I told her and her forehead creased in confusion.

"Alright, out with the dets. I really hope it's worth it o because if it's not, I'd kill you for disturbing..." She rambled and I rolled my eyes.

"Joel and I kissed." I whispered out harshly and that stopped her rambling. She looked like a deer caught in headlight, her eye balls almost bulging out of their sockets.

"You did what?!" She exclaimed to the point that half of the class began to stare at us weirdly. I gave them a sorry smile, picked Lyla by the hand and dragged her tiny body outside to the less busy hall way.

"This is why I don't like telling you things. Why would you shout like that na." I chided her and she flashed me a glare.

"Well forgive me for expressing how shocked and surprised I was." She blurted out before smacking me on the butt. "You whore! You have been sneaking kisses behind my back!" Her voice went from shocked to excited and her eyes flashed like it always did whenever she was hungry for gist.

"First of us, Ouch. You have a rather painful hand for a pretty tiny person." I rubbed the spot she had smacked. "Two, we haven't been sharing kisses. We only kissed once, last Saturday." I told her and she gasped dramatically, placing her hand on her chest.

"Last Saturday? You guys were supposed to be training for Decathlon and how come I'm just hearing about your first kiss two days after it happened? I'm your best friend yo!" She smacked me again.

"Lyla lower your voice. I don't want Ada hearing about this kiss that happened. I'm not ready for World War three." I whined and her mouth formed in a o as she realized what I meant.

"Damn, I just realized how panicky your tone was. This is complicated." She said and I sighed.

"I know and I'm trying to look for a better way out of this without anyone getting hurt." I told her but she shook her head.

"That's the problem. There is no better way out of this without someone getting hurt. Be it you or Ada or Joel. Or the three of you together. Someone will get hurt, one or all." She said and I groaned.

"He said he likes me." I told Lyla and she rolled her eyes.

"Well durr, and you like him too. When y'all were at each other's throats sef I could still sense the chemistry. This is the first time you are actually talking to me about a guy and I'm so happy." Lyla said.

"But I'm betraying a friend for some thing I am not sure would last. My friend likes the same guy I like, what do I do about it. Is it really worth it." I asked her and she sighed.

"It's worth it because Ada doesn't like Joel. She's just wants to add him to the collection of her conquest. Her feelings are not genuine, yours are and that's what is giving you an edge." Lyla said and I exhaled, not knowing what to say. Lyla placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Look, I'd advice you to take this risk because High school won't be forever. You can't like something like this pass you by because you are being sentimental. Ada would get over it, she always does. If she doesn't understand then it's on her because honestly, she has had her own share of high school anything. It's time for her to compromise." Lyla concluded and I smiled in gratitude.