Chapter 8

A/N if you don't already know this about me I have a really random update schedule so I just kinda update when I can be bothered writing. Anyway enjoy the next part.

I started with Star-Lord. My hands reached out towards him and beams of purple light lunged at his neck. They wrapped around the outlaw, causing him to choke as he was lifted off the ground. However, by now, everyone had been shaken out of their stupor and started to react.

"Pin them down or knock them out, don't hurt them!" Tony cried as his suit adapted to his plan. Sharp slabs of metal flew through my ropes around Star-Lord, cutting off my attack. He dropped to the floor, gasping and rubbing his neck. As I turned unwillingly to face Tony Stark, I saw out of the corner of my eye Strange and Peter tackling Thanos. I silently cheered them on.

"Hey! Tinky Winky*! Can you hear me at all?" Tony shouted through his suit. I pushed against the shackles Thanos had made for me. Hard. My surroundings felt more real for a brief second, and I could feel my muscles buckling from the strain I was creating for myself. I choked out a gasp and stumbled, determined to break through and speak to Tony. Unfortunately, Thanos noticed, even while being preoccupied with multiple wizards. How did Strange do that? Anyway, he closed his fist again, and my shackles were tightened. The steely person on the outside was reinstated, and I approached Iron Man.

Luckily, Tony Stark wasn't a stupid person. He noticed my break through: "so you are in there."

I didn't have much time to register it before I lunged at the man, striking down with super strength at his figure. He raised a shield to meet my forearms, and my attack bounced harmlessly to the side. Small pods flew out from his suit and expanded as they wrapped around me. The now slabs of metal encased my torso, pushing down on my arms to prevent me from moving. Still, my powers were too strong against the tech, and I burst out from the bonds. However, this did give Tony a little time.

He had set his missiles to stun, and fired several after several at my head. I kept walking through them, taking more hits than a normal human could. But it was slowing me. And as another round of bullets hit me, I fell to the ground and saw black.

———Yeah sorry you got knocked out again———

Peter's P.O.V (weren't expecting that were you)

Mr. Strange and I were still locked in battle with Thanos, who honest to god looked like he had a ballsack on his chin. It still didn't seem real to me; I'm in space, and so far I have met 3 and a half aliens, because Star-Lord's half human.

Despite my mind periodically drifting, we were doing well. The guardians would batter in with melee attacks while I spun webs at the Titan, trying my best to hold him. Mr. Strange was pulling attack after attack, and also protecting us from any large offensives from our target.

I glanced over at Mr. Stark. He had managed to incapacitate my friend and was now zooming over to join our battle. The plan was coming to a close, even though we were having to make do without "The Amethyst" (I still thought it was a stupid name).

Suddenly, a small spaceship flew out of nowhere, slamming into Thanos's head. He stumbled backwards as another entity jumped out and brandished a long sword.

"Nebula, you escaped," he addressed the blue girl. 'Nebula' replied simply: "monster."

And she joined us. Her extra fire-power helped fill in where my best friend would have jumped in, and we soon executed our final stage of the plan.

Mr. Strange created these long, red, glowy ropes (which I thought were super cool) and tied up Thanos's right hand while Drax lunged for his feet. Mr. Stark and I made for his left hand with the gauntlet while Mr. Strange created a portal over the Titan's head that Mantis jumped out of. Immediately, she whispered, "sleep!".

"He is strong, but he mourns. He is grieving," Mantis warned us. I began wiggling the Titan's oversized jewellery off him.

"Mourning? What could this dude have to mourn?" Star-Lord questioned, chuckling. Mantis didn't return the laugh.

Nebula spoke up from behind Star-Lord. Neither had a job to do with holding down Thanos. "Gamora."

The outlaw spun to face her. "What?"

"He left to Vormir with Gamora to get the soul stone. He came back alone with the stone."

Star-Lord turned again to face Thanos. "What did you do to her?!"

"Gamora... my Gamora..."

"Oh no. No she's not!" He was getting frustrated, blinded with rage. "Where is she?!"

"I had... to..."

"No!" Star-Lord choked out. His anger was wet and hot as tears streamed his cheeks. "No! No, you didn't. You- you didn't have to..."

"Quill! Don't engage!" Mr. Stark tried to call out, but it was too late. We almost had the gauntlet off when Star-Lord punched Thanos.

It all happened so quickly, I couldn't describe it well. Mantis was thrown off, and just as I was about to get the gauntlet off she was thrown into me, pushing us both backwards.

Thanos grabbed the gauntlet yet again, slamming Star-Lord away and punching Mr. Stark. Mr. Strange had no choice but to let go of his other fist. The Titan yelled in effort and reached out towards the sky. I only noticed the moon there before it was approaching us, and fast.

Due to my super powers, I had remained conscious from battling the Titan, but my new space friends did not have such powers. I immediately flung myself into action, webbing Drax, Mantis and Star-Lord, and pulling them off the ground. After a moment's realisation, I grabbed my best friends unconscious form as well.

I had to simply hope that Mr. Stark and Mr. Strange could hold their own against the flying rock as it crashed around me. I could barely keep up with four people, let alone six.

"I got you! I got you! Crap!" I yelled as I tried to dodge another rock. It lightly grazed my shoulder, but it released my hold on Mantis. I grunted as I lunged for her again, the momentum momentarily throwing me off balance.

The moon was coming to a rest now; the debris settling. I managed to find a settled area, and made quick hammocks for each person with webbing.

I twisted once I found everyone was safe to spot Mr. Stark and Mr. Strange. It was a graphic sight. Both of them were attacking the Titan, Mr. Strange with the red ropes again. I couldn't get close enough to help when suddenly Thanos grabbed Mr. Stark's outstretched arm and twisted it into his stomach. I saw the dagger that had protruded from it, now in his torso.

"Mr. Stark!" I screamed. I was too far away to hear the conversation between them as Thanos stepped back from his victim with the gauntlet outstretched and Mr. Strange watched, helpless despite not being incapacitated. I ran to get closer to them, leaving my friends in their hammocks, not realising that one was already empty.

"Stop!" I heard Mr. Strange say. Thanos kept his gauntlet pointed at my mentor. "Save his life and I will give you the stone."

"No tricks," Thanos confirmed. Mr. Strange nodded. I couldn't believe what was happening. Mr. Strange produced the time stone, and floated it towards the Titan as he moved his gauntlet. I watched in awe as he added another gem to his collection. He glowed with the strength of five infinity stones.

Then did what I didn't expect him to do. Thanos outstretched his gauntlet once more towards Mr. Stark.

"I'm sorry Strange. You're respectable, but he's too much of a threat."

"No!" we yelled in unison, and Thanos sent a colourful stream of light at Mr. Stark.

A/N CLIFFHANGER!

Also if you're a Percy Jackson fan go check out my other story Possession. It's fully finished and I just posted it yesterday with 19 full chapters!!

*tinky winky is the purple Tellytubby.