A Friendly Face

I was woken up by what smelled like food. It smelled like oatmeal with cinnamon.

I opened my eyes and there was a tall man and the first thing I noticed was he was beautiful and he had a kind face.

He was standing with a tray of breakfast there was pancakes and oatmeal, toast and orange juice.

"Oh good your awake I didn't know for how long you were going to sleep and I didn't want your food getting cold"

"Thank you" I whispered because my throat was still recuperating

"How are you feeling?" he asked me with genuine concern in his voice

"Like shit" I cussed out I still felt aches all over my body and I was healing at an excruciating slow pace.

That's one bad thing about being an Omega we didn't heal as fast as Alphas or Betas.

He chuckled and his chuckle I swear sounded like window whippers which made me want to laugh too.

Then he looked at me and he said "Oh I forgot to introduce myself my name is Kim Seokjin but you can call me Jin I'm Namjoon's mate"

My eyes widened and I said "Oh"

"Yeah I know what you're thinking what is Namjoon doing with such a handsome Omega like myself" he said and I thought he was being serious until he started laughing his hilarious laugh.

"Just wanted to break the ice a little bit anyway so here's your food eat as much as you like and if you wanna more there's more where that came from"

"Thank you" I said and felt grateful for him not questioning me about what had happened to me.

"I'll come by a little later and get the tray back"

He went to leave but I didn't want to be alone. At least not right now so I asked him to stay and while he looked moderately shocked he sat at the chair by my bed and smiled at me making me feel at ease.

It's safe to say I inhaled my food and Jin looked happy that I was eating. After I was done eating I looked at Jin and said "Can I ask you some questions?

"Sure, I was expecting you too so ask away"

"How are the omegas treated here?"

"Fairly we all have jobs and chores that we do but we choose them Namjoon gives us the options and we make the choice of what we want to do"

There was that word again choice something that in my pack we had never had.

I knew Namjoon was different when I met him he didn't have the same vibe my dad and my ex fiancé had. But to hear how Omegas were treated here kind of feels to good to be true.

"I know what your thinking, it sounds to good to be true but I can assure you it's true the Alphas here there first priority are the Omegas and there happiness and safety"

"Why" is all could think to ask

"Namjoon's parents ran away from another town because Namjoon's mom was going to be forced to marry someone her family had picked for her completely ignoring the fact there daughter had imprinted on Namjoon's father and so one night Namjoon's father got Namjoon's mother and they ran away and found this place and turned it into what it is now a place to settle down with your loved ones. Without having to worry about superiority or any of that what we we care about here is happiness we want everyone to be happy without worries and eventually some people stumbled on to this place and word started spreading around about what this place was and then people started showing up from other towns that had gone through the same thing or ran away from there families so this pack became  an escape from the terrible reality of what most other packs are in our society"

I wish I had known that his place had existed before I would have tried run away sooner and maybe brought my mother with me.

"What happened To Namjoon's parents?"

"Oh there fine,they retired when they felt they were becoming to old to run the pack we had a part of our land turned into something that's separate from the rest but still close enough for the elders to be close to there loved ones bit far away for them to live a more quiet life"

That sounded nice it's sounds like somewhere I would want my mom to be. Somewhere where she wouldn' have to worry about anything.

"I'm head Omega I try to keep the peace between the Omegas and Namjoon does the same with the Alphas when they fight about petty differences or more serious topics like mating rituals"

"When I will be allowed to leave this room"

Jin looked pensive " I think Hyungsik will be over when he's done with his other rounds then depending on what he says we can figure out your living arrangements and job situation well that's if you want to stay you don't have too you have the option to leave if you want too"

I had thought about it already and this place doesn't seem like a bad place to settle down it actually seems like the perfect place for me to finally be free of all the past bullshit I've gone through.

"No, I think I want to stay"

"Oh that's great you seem tired already and you need all the sleep you can get to recover quickly well as quick as we can you know how us Omegas heal slowly"

I smiled softly it felt like I finally had someone to talk to that wasn't my mother.

"When Hyungsik clears you I'll introduce you to our people"

"I'd like that"

I smiled maybe I could make a life here and be....happy. Something I never thought I even had the chance of finding happiness.