(12)

Taylor POV

Last night was rough.

I had a headache for the rest of the night because I had cried so much and my hormones were all over the place because of the full moon. Some time during the night I fell asleep and I assume Colton carried me home. If not I have some magical ability to teleport. I turned over in bed and reached out for my mate but he wasn't there.

"Colton?" I groaned and listed my head up to look around the room, again he wasn't there. I got out of bed and realised I was only in my underwear and Colton's hoodie so I grabbed the throw of the sofa and wrapped it around me. Now I just look like a whore who's about to get murdered. I creep out into the hall and here Colton's deep voice coming from the office. "Yes we will be there. We will drive out tonight." I slowly open the office door and see him in his chair frowning.

"My mate will be joining." I didn't want to listen in on the conversation because I'm pretty sure it was Alpha business but then he mentioned me and I became nosey. Before I could here anything Colton hung up and smiled warmly at me. "So what will I be joining?" I raise an eyebrow at him as I sit opposite him.

"One of my allied Alpha's is having a mating ceremony and he has invited us to go." He stands up and towers over me with a sad smile. "Are you okay now?" I knew he was referring to last night but I didn't want to talk about.

"Fine." I whispered and my gaze dropped to the floor. Colton unexpectedly pulled me up by my arm and I screamed. He wasn't being rough but I forgot about the cut on my arm. "What?!" He panicked and looked me over before I placed my hands on his chest.

"I'm fine, you just surprised me." I lied and immediately regret it because I'm reminded of the promise we made last night. My injured arm quivered when I touched him and he frowned at me. "Show me your arm."

"My arm?" I played dumb and took a step back but he only took one forward. "Yes, Taylor, your arm." When I lifted up the healthy arm I thought he would've punched me but instead he just lowered it and picked up the other one.

"Don't make me rip the hoodie off of you." Colton warned and gave me a pointed look. "A bit kinky for a morning." I muttered and then he did rip the hoodie in two pieces. I had my eyes tightly shut when he peeled back the bandage Bates strapped there.

"Cody." He grit his teeth and I couldn't do much except watch his eyes glow red. He put the bandage back  on and tried to steady his breathing. "Did you take that powder?" His question surprised me and I had to think hard about what he was on about.

"No I didn't." I remembered the medicine Dr Elrick had given me and realised I'm meant to take it with drinks at least once a day. "C'mon." His eyes were still a crimson red but he didn't seem angry.

"Why did you lie?" He boiled the kettle and waited patiently until the water was ready. I tried to avoid eye contact with him but he lifted my chin up to look into his eyes. "You would've killed him." I mummbled quietly and he nodded without trying to argue a different point.

"Yes and I would've made it painful." The kettle clicked and I rolled my eyes at him. "That's why I lied." I tip the water into the cup and stir the teabag around before adding milk. Colton stood directly behind me and reached above my head and pulled out the tub.

"I don't want any one to die." I faced him, my boobs pressed against his chest as he placed the tub in my hands. I turned back around and added a spoonful of the Ultridostone to my tea. The thought of drinking it made me feel sick because I didn't know what I would taste. "And if he comes back." Colton lifted the cup to my lips and I gulped down the tea. It tasted the same as any cup of tea would.