20

"How long have you been running a cafe?" Jin inquires. He takes interest to a certain fruit sitting in a box within the framed freezer. The label says it's a fruit. How come he's never seen something like it before? It's evenly round, colored red with split patches of green and whatever is sprouting around it resembles like fur.

It's already been ten minutes since they've left Y/n and his brother to guard the cafe.

With searching eyes, Lisa drags the stroller and stops just beside the man crouching to get a better view of the mysterious fruit. He looks invested.

"Not sure. Year perhaps." She follows his stare. "What are you looking at?"

"What kind of fruit is this?"

Pinching two fingers around the tiny fruit, Jin picks it up like it's some kind of contaminated object and brings it up to his eye level. His gorgeous face twists in concentration as he tries to figure out the identity of the weird fruit.

It looks like cherry if you take away the protruding strings. Yet it's also too big. The size of a kiwi. So it still can't pass as a cherry. Maybe a new crossbreed?

Chiwi?

"It's a rambutan."

"Gesundheit." He tells her without moving an inch.

Lisa pulls her dumb expression in full display before snatching the fruit from Jin's hand, tsking under her breath.

"It's called a rambutan. They sell tons of this back at my place. Here. I'll just buy some for you."

-

From: Monalisa
Don't forget to lock the place up!
-Seen

You huff annoyingly as you scan the text of your unloyal bestfriend's. It's already been an hour and she decides to text you now?

Time spent with Taehyung made you conclude he has no redeemable side.

It's almost impossible to hold a proper conversation without getting irritated.

One minute, your phone's between your hand and the second, It's gone.

Taehyung slumps back down on his seat with your precious device in between his slender fingers.

As if trying to mock you in some way. Yiu watch your phone swing around before resting flatly on his palm.

You want what he's trying to do.  A reaction from you. That's what he wants isn't it?

"Taehyung." You start through gritted teeth." Give me back my phone."

There's a minute of silence where you give him a chance to allow your words to sink in before all hell breaks lose. He has no reason to refuse.

Because one, that isn't his phone. And two. You're not the most sweetest person once your string has been snapped.

"Oh. You mean this?" For a person facing a ticking time bomb, he sure is relaxed.

Seeing that your words left no effect on him, you decide to take matters into your own hand.

Fine.

Taehyung's eyes glint with amusement as you shift in your spot.

You're already on your feet, ignoring the little tingles playing on your foot.

This pain is nothing. You make yourself believe. Because this guy over here is the real pain in the head.

You're body's charged with durability, and is ready ready to attack with strength to retrieve what is rightfully yours.

You're getting your phone back.

He doesn't move an inch from his position, watching your every move with a smirk.

The next few seconds that passes by is like those little trip characters from an animation experience when they travel through the hole of the space time continuum.

But instead of random color flashing before your eyes, multiple questions pound you with it's ginormous hammer.

Instead of getting dizzy from all the turning, twists, here and there, you feel panic rushing through your veins in an inhumanly speed.

And instead feeling time zap in an instant before your eyes, the scene before you decides to unfold in a rather slow torturing motion.

Taehyung looses his first finger from your device.

The second

And then the third.

If he detaches his pinky away from it, then your phone would fall, hit-face first on the floor and supposedly break.

"Don't." You growl only to earn a taunting smile from his symmetrical face.

"Try me."

And there it goes.

Your phone's falling and you're doing that too.

Not downwards, but forward.

You lunge your body across the table with hope you'll still be able to catch your phone in time despite the chances being quite impossible.

Your palms smacks flat on the table, body stretched out to its limit so you're basically laying on your stomach.

Like a whole meal ready to be served.

A sigh of relief escapes you when you spot your precious device still in good condition.

It's not on the ground though.

It's there.

Sandwitched between the man's thighs.

You hold yourself back from releasing a psychotic laugh.

Of all days.

Of all people.

Why you?

Why him?

Why'd he have to wear something that perfectly outlined his figure in such great details?

Why'd you have to be the unlucky one to witness this with your very own eyes?

Taehyung doesn't miss the blush circling your face even after you've turned your head to the side.

You gulp thickly, murmuring after a moment of silence.  "Can I have my phone." 

A mischievous smile brushes against his lips as he stares at you through hooded eyes.

What he does next surprises you.

Taehyung reaches hand over the table and gently bobs your nose with his fingertip.

He slides your phone on the table, gaze fixated on nothing but you.

You refuse to believe that this man had just changed his whole demeanor from a smirking hot god to a innocent-like kid in just a snap of a finger.

He stands up.

"I saved your number on my phone." His deep voice sends a chill running down your spine as he fishes for his own phone

"What? You can't-" When did he have time to do that?

Taehyung walks out of the cafe before you can even call him out for snooping on your phone.

You turn towards the window, the same time Taehyung - who's already across the street- looks back. He brings the phone beside his head and points at it with a smile.

Your phone dings.

1 New Message

From: Tae 🐯
How am I suppose to text you if I don't have your number?
Get home safe Princess. 💜
-Seen