008

UPON coming to terms with my crush on Bucky, I had overanalysed every incident we had ever had in order to figure out if I made it obvious.

I had come to the conclusion that no, it was not obvious, as Dad had just moved me onto a floor with him.

Unless, that is, my Father is a horrible person who is out for my feelings.

Curled under my covers as I lie comfortably in my bed, my thoughts are interrupted when Bucky barges into my room, holding his phone dangerously close to his face.

"Cass! Steve is trying to call me but it's not working!"

"Oh Lord,"

Sighing, I roll off of my bed and practically stumble into Bucky.

He holds me upright with his free arm, looking down at me with an amused smile.

"You alright there, Doll?" He questions and I can only smile up at him and nod.

"Peachy," I smile up at him, before realising what he came in here for. "Phone?" I stand straight and Bucky chuckles, amused by my current state, before handing me his phone.

"Buck,"

Bucky hums to let me know he's listening.

"See this green circle here?"

He hums again in approval.

"You press it,"

I show him, that by tapping the green button on his phone screen, the call can easily be answered.

"Hey, Steve! I'll hand you to Buck, he's just stupid and needed help answering the call,"

Bucky rolls his eyes and responds by poking my sides repeatedly, causing me to giggle and shove his phone back into his hands.

"Begone!" I laugh and lightly shove him towards the door, dropping myself back onto my bed.

Bucky only flashes me a goofy grin before exiting the room.

-

"You gotta get over him!"

"Yeah but–"

"He's one-hundred years old and you've just turned 18!"

"Okay but technically he's in his twenties-"

I stop talking when I see the look Peter is sending me from across the counter.

"But he is!" I justify myself by throwing my hands up in the hair.

"He-"

Peter stops himself.

"No, please, do continue,"

"He killed your Grandparents, Cee," Peter's voice is hushed, a mere whisper in fear that someone, anyone may be listening.

I exhale sharply.

"You know what happened to him, you know that wasn't him who did those things. He is not-"

"I know, Cass, but it's just-"

"He is not the Winter Soldier, and you damn well know that," I state frankly, and Peter shuts his mouth.