Chapter 8

Rose's POV

"What a douche" I muttered to myself as I walked down the dark hallway towards Stephen's room. I heard loud noises coming from inside along with some angry mumbles. I hesitated to knock on the closed door but decided to face the angry bull now. The door swung open moments later.

"What!" He screamed scanning my body realizing that it was me. He firmly grabbed my arm pulling me into his room slamming the door behind us. "What the fuck were you thinking? You think you can just leave like that?" Rolling my eyes at him I walked over to take a seat on his bed.

"Well, Dad, being trapped in a house with a bunch of people that you don't like isn't exactly ideal. So we decided to go out and get some fresh air but I didn't realize I had to tell my other parents I was leaving. I'm freaking 21 years old!" I yelled back at him, his knuckles white clenching him at his side. He was definitely seeing red. I might have pushed him a little too far this time but he had no right to be acting like this right now.

"A 21-year-old who acts like a 5-year-old! Do you have any regard for your life? The Cobras could have been waiting outside for you!" He seethed running a finger through his hair pulling it slightly.

"I don't think you understand that nobody has heard or seen anything from The Cobras since you locked us up here and to be honest I'm not scared of them. I can handle myself if you didn't see that before when I shot a man in the leg and fended for myself. I don't need your protection nor did I ask for you to be so goddamn protective! We aren't dating or anything. The only thing we are is a kidnapper and a hostage." I spat back at him, I stood up from my seated position heading towards the closed door, only to open it slightly before having it pushed back closed. An angry Stephen stood in front of it like a bodyguard at a club.

"Don't you dare walk away from me, we aren't done here" his voice came out in a low growl "I need to protect you, dammit" He pulled his hair "I don't know why but I have this urge to make sure that you are safe and nothing happens to you. I'm trying not to care and the more I try not to, the more I want you."

My jaw dropped open I gaped at him, speechless. Was he confessing his love for me? This is some notebook shit that I wasn't ready for. I'd know the man for a little over a week! I mean he's very attractive and all but he kidnapped me! This isn't what I had planned for my future at all and he sure as hell didn't fit in it.

"Stephen, no. Don't say shit like that to me. You don't know me or anything we barely know each other and you're ready to take a damn bullet for me. I wouldn't do the same. You have to stay away, I don't want you." I whispered the end, he takes a step towards me I mirrored him taking a step back hitting the wall.

"You don't mean that. You can't tell me you don't feel this," he grabbed my hand sending electricity through my body. I kept a neutral face hoping not to give away anything.

"I don't," I said trying to keep it together and not cave into him. His green eyes not leaving mine, I couldn't handle him looking at me. My eyes quickly found the floor biting my lip because I knew that I hadn't convinced him that I felt nothing. My heart was beating against my chest the pound reached my ears. Stephen moved his hand to my cheek tilting my head so that I was now looking back into his pleading eyes. My eyes fluttered shut at the small gesture, I couldn't face him I would give in.

"Princess," He breathed as I panicked. My head was swarming with thoughts I had to get out of here. I made the decision I thought was best. I ran, leaving him there hurt. I ran my fingers through my hair pulling the roots to relieve some frustration I was feeling. I pushed open my bedroom door where I found the most disturbing thing ever: Andy in Violet's bed with her cuddling. I was way too tired to deal with that so I changed quickly before hopping in bed wishing everything that had happened in the past 24 hours was only a dream.

A loud thud woke me up in the morning from my dreamless sleep, I rolled over to see Andy sitting on the floor rubbing his eyes.

"What the hell are you doing in my bed?" Violet yelled at him. "You were supposed to leave once Rose got back!"

"I-um fell asleep before she came back," Andy said brushing himself off and heading towards the door. I rolled my eyes at his back while he closed the door behind him.

"Sooooo, what happened with you and Stephen last night?" She smirked wiggling her eyebrows "you were gone for a while" I groaned flopping back down on to my bed throwing my pillow over my face. I was really hoping that was just a dream and Stephen hadn't pretty much told me he liked me.

"I pretty much told him off and broke his heart. He said that he couldn't stay away no matter how hard he tried. Stephen, yes bad boy Stephen, said that he wanted to keep me safe and that he needed me. Like what the damn hell? He pretty much pulled some Nicholas Sparks shit on me and expected me to swoon and get in his pants. Who does he think he is?" I laughed stepping out of my warm bed and padding over to my closet finding a sweatshirt to throw on. Violet was looking at her phone now stilling up on her bed.

"Rosalie Foxx! He told you how he felt and you broke his heart! That poor boy. I know you feel the same about him whether you are willing to admit it or not. So why keep denying your feelings, especially when he feels the same way?" she seemed upset for him and I felt like I was getting scolded for something that I didn't do wrong. I didn't want to get attached or any more involved with the gang. I was going to take them down eventually and having attachments would be a conflict of interest.

"Did you forget they kidnapped us?" I shot back glaring at her.

"I know, I know but I think he really likes you! You should see the way that he looks at you, he's adorable. It's like you're the only person he sees in the world. He's like a big teddy bear for you! Who doesn't want a bad boy who is soft for his girl?" She looked like she was about to melt into a puddle of goo. She sounded like a high school girl talking about a crush.

"Did you happen to forget, that oh I don't know, I'm in the CIA and I'm trying to take them down?"

"Minor detail, don't let your job stop you from being happy. What if he is the one and you miss out because you are putting your job first?" I wanted to hit her for being right but I wasn't going to tell her that because my feelings for Stephen were going to be my secret.

"Oh shut up. Is this what Andy put into your head last night? Or was that not the only head you got?" I laughed as a pillow came flying my way, she stormed over to the door.

"Shut up! I didn't break his heart like someone over there," she shot back before heading downstairs for breakfast. I followed after her into the kitchen where Jeff was cooking up a masterpiece that made my mouth water. I plopped down on the chair in the middle of the island waiting for Jeff to hand over the pancakes.