Chapter 9

Violet's POV

I walked downstairs into the kitchen with Rose and found Jeff cooking pancakes.

"Good morning ladies. I made pancakes if you're hungry," he said as we smiled and approached him.

"I'm starving actually," I said as I sat at the breakfast bar.

"Andy didn't fill your hunger last night?" Rose quietly remarked and I glared at her.

"Shut up. You probably slept with Stephen." I said as I poured syrup over my pancakes.

"Oh yeah, I'm the one who had a sleepover," she said making me roll my eyes. "Anyway, I certainly did not hookup with him and I will not be doing that anytime soon."

"You're too hard on him," I said.

"Not to eavesdrop but I couldn't help but overhear. Stephen does seem to care for you Rose. I'm not going to tell you to get into a relationship with him but he's a good guy. Don't write him off so easily." Jeff said making me smirk and looked at her. She rolled her eyes.

"I don't want him. I don't even want to be here and he just makes everything worse."

"Oh lighten up!" I said. "Living here isn't my first choice but it's not so bad anymore."

"Figured you'd say that after spending the night with Andy." I was shocked that she was still scolding me.

"Nothing happened last night. He wouldn't leave me alone so he stayed with me until you got back from Stephen's room."

"Bullshit nothing happened. 24 hours ago you would've loved to jump at the opportunity to sprint out of here and now you're saying it's not bad?" she scoffed.

"I'm not saying I want to stay here. I'm just saying it's going to happen whether we want it or not so you might as well stop fighting it." I said as I continued to eat.

"No. I will never stop fighting it. This is ridiculous. I want to get out of here!" She said angrily eating her pancakes.

"Well, that's not going to happen. So I suggest you adopt Violet's way of thinking and get used to being here." Andy said as he entered the kitchen. I felt my cheeks heat up in his presence. He came and put his hand on my lower back, making me stiffen and sit up straight.

"Just because you two are all lovey-dovey now doesn't mean I will ever accept being here."

"We are NOT in love." I defended and Andy chuckled.

"Don't fight your feelings Sweetheart," Andy whispered in my ear before walking away from me and towards the pancakes across the kitchen.

I shuddered. "I'm not fighting anything. Nothing happened last night! I'm just trying to make the most out of a bad situation." I said innocently.

"Can we get out of here? Can we go shopping or something? I would like to just get out of this house for a few hours." Rose asked

"Are you seriously asking that after the stunt you two pulled last night?" Andy laughed. "Of course not. We can stay here and do something."

"I'm not doing anything with you. Come on Violet."

"Where are you taking her?" He protectively asked. It was annoying how obsessed he was with me.

"We are going to hang outside. Don't worry Warden, we won't leave. Lock the gates if you want." She scoffed as I followed her outside.

"What are we doing?" I asked.

"I just need some air." She said as she sat under a big oak tree in the backyard.

"Why are you suddenly so miserable here?"