Chapter Fifteen: Girls Night pt. 1

Lena and Kara race to Lena's house. The crunch of a few leaves and twigs could be heard from underneath their feet. Kara tries her best to not use her super speed, and yet manages to keep up with Lena, as she was athletic since she played soccer. They both get to the door of the Luthors huffing, filled with adrenaline. 

"Thought you could outrun me, huh, Luthor?" Kara asks between gasps of air, smiling.

"Who knew that you were as fast as me? Who, may I remind you, is a forward in soccer, who does a lot of running in games."

"Well, I'll make sure I'll come to all of your games later this year so I can see you run like the cheetah you are."

"You better. How 'bout this," Lena says, stepping closer to her girlfriend, grinning. "Every time we win a game this season, you take me out for ice cream afterward and we spend the night together. Deal?"

Kara grins back. "Deal." They kiss to seal the deal. "Now let's get your stuff. Sam will be at my place in an hour."

"Okay," Lena says before kissing her again, then opens the door, and the two go in to get the stuff Lena needs for the night. 

<><><><>

While Kara was waiting downstairs, Lena decided to open her gifts in her room. From Winn, she got a new Star Wars blanket. Us nerds have to stick together, Lena thought as she smiled. From James, she got a fish camera lens for her phone. From Alex, she got a Swiss Army Knife. From Maggie, she got a new cookbook. From Sam, she got a snow globe of Times Square. Lastly from Kara, she got a new pair of sweatpants, a Superman t-shirt, and a gray hoodie, as well as a little note.

To make up for the ones you let me keep. xx -K

Lena smiled at the little note. Kara's adorable, Lena thought. 

After she got all her stuff ready, she came downstairs.

"Ready, Kar?"

"Geez you took foreverrr," Kara replies dramatically. She gets up from the couch, gets her backpack, and kisses her forehead. "Ready!"

**A LITTLE LATER AT THE DANVERS' RESIDENCE**

After leaving the Luthor house and about ten minutes of debating whether Kara should carry her bag or not- Kara tried with her pout, but Lena won with her eyebrow arch and kisses-they walk up the street to see Sam waiting with a bag of her own at the door of the Danvers residence.

"Hey, Sam!" Kara says excitedly.

"Hey ladies. Ready for our first girls night?" Sam asks, grinning.

"You bet," Lena replies smiling.

Kara opens the door and leads the two inside.

"Well if I knew it was unlocked, I wouldn't have stood outside in the crisps of autumn," Sam comments as they all feel the blast of warmth hit them as they step inside, and closes the door, careful to not let any cool air in.

"Sorry we had to keep you waiting, Sam. This one over here-" Lena says as she points at Kara. "Held us up for ten minutes because she was persistent in carrying my bag." Lena grins as she playfully rolls her eyes.

"Hey, I was just trying to be helpful," Kara says as she leads them to her room upstairs.

Kara's room was painted a light blue that had some stars painted on the walls. Some made into constellations.

Lena's eyebrows go up, her mouth slightly agape, then turns it into a grin. "Great minds think alike, huh Kara?" 

Kara blushes a bit and grins back. "Yeah, well I think you have the great mind here. Like, out of all of us."

"Oh God, I'm gonna have to deal with you two flirting all night, I didn't think this through," Sam jokes and they all laugh.

"C'mon, put your stuff down and I'll show you around," Kara encourages them. They do as she says and follows her around as she leads them on a tour. They end up at the backyard on the porch where Eliza was sipping tea and reading.

"Hi, Eliza!" 

"Hi, sweetie," Eliza replies, getting up and hugging her daughter.

Kara lets go of her adoptive mother. "Eliza, these are my friends-"

"Sam and Lena, I know," Eliza cuts her off and shakes each of the girls' hands. "Kara's talked a lot about you two. Especially you, Lena." 

"Mother," Kara draws out, groans and blushes while Sam snickers.

"It's-it's so great to finally meet you, Mrs. Danvers I-I've read all your reports on the stars and quantum entanglement," Lena stammers a bit, smiling. 

"Wow, Lena Luthor stammering. Never thought I'd live to see the day," Sam mutters and chuckles.

"Lena's a science nerd too. You two will get along great," Kara assures. 

"And please, Eliza will do."

"Mrs. Danvers makes her feel old," Kara loud whispers, causing them all to laugh.

After talking for a bit-and Lena getting fascinated by the scientist and the fancy telescope-they all get a bit chilly and head back inside. 

"We're getting pizza and-"

"Pizza and take out, yes Kara, we talked about it before you left," Eliza finishes her sentence. I'll order now and it'll be here in about an hour or so."

"Thanks!"