Chapter 50 - Heroes And Villains

"How did they find me here?
What do they want from me?
All of these vultures hiding
Right outside my door
I hear them whisperin'
They're tryin' to ride it out
They've never gone this long
Without a kill before"

Harley's P.O.V.

As me and Alix arrived home from the movies we were pretty sure our parents would be asleep by now. It was late. Our conversation about her mom lasted for hours and although the subject was hard for Alix to talk about, I felt it was good for her to get everything out.

So before we could get to the house's door she hugged me tightly and I wrapped my arms around her in an almost automatic manner.

- "I can't believe I'm lucky enough to have you. Thank you Harley. I love you." She whispered.

I hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head before answering.

- "I tell myself the same thing about you everyday. I love you Alix and I want you to tell me everything that makes you happy and sad, I want you to share your life with me and I promise that I'll always do the same with you." I responded with certainty.

After today I realised how much I did not know about her and sadly, how much she doesn't know about her mom and her own life

After some time embracing each other and one last kiss before we got inside supervised territory, we moved inside the house, trying to be quiet not to wake up our parents. To our surprise we were met with a very awake George along with the smell of..., whiskey?

The scent was so immensely strong it almost made me gag, was he drunk?

- "Dad? What's going on? Where's Julie?" Alix asked looking around and making George snap out of whatever drunken trance he was in.

He seemed so serious and lost when he looked intently towards Alix. He had been noticeably crying and his drunk state made him look not only depressed and guilty, but like he had gone insane.

- "Alix?" He simply asked like he wasn't actually sure she was the one standing right in front of him and speaking with him.

Where was my mom?

My thoughts were interrupted by George once again as he broke down.

- "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Alix. It was the only way, I had to lie, you are my little girl." He said in between sobs leaving both me and Alix confused.

Just then my mom came out of their room with furrowed eyebrows, probably wondering what all the commotion was about. George must be a quiet drinker for her not to notice anything until just now.

- "What is going on in he- wait, what is this awful smell?" My mom said and finally found George and her eyes widened.

What the hell is going on?

_______________________________________

Alix's P.O.V.

What started as an emotion filled night, turned into a very weird reception, a strange and drunk version of my dad and me, Harley and Julie staring at my him sobbing uncontrollably and telling me repeatedly how sorry he is for lying to me.

I finally found the words that had escaped when I first witnessed the situation and turned to Julie.

- "What the hell happened? He hasn't drank more then a beer or a glass of wine a day since my mom died." I asked knowingly.

My dad started crying harder and apologized once again when the word "mom" left my mouth.

Julie seemed to calm down and relax as she shook her head in disapproval.