Mastering Snow and Romantic Intentions

Snow Miser led Jude down from her icy throne and onto a large icy platform below them. He gestured for her to step back a little bit as he was preparing to show her his magic.

"Alright Sugar Plum, ice and snow comes to me quite naturally. So I'll try to explain it as best as I can." He dramatically lowered and raised his hand and a cascade of snow fell from the ceiling to the ground.

Jude stared in awe and her gorgeous blue eyes sparkled in wonder. She got braver and walked to Snow Miser's side. She mimicked him and was shocked to see that her snow powers seemed to be in sync with his. She let a much larger and more complex snow drift across the room.

"Woah, look outside Jude!" She lifted her eyebrow in confusion but turned her head to see that the outside of the castle had gone from a small flurry to a raging snow cyclone. She gasped and tried to stop the storm.

"Hold on, I've got it sugar." Snow Miser gazed at her distraught expression with a reassuring look. He waved his arms and the snow began to drift down gently and back to normal.

"You just need to find a way to lessen your abilities is all." Snow Miser pondered. His voice barely a whisper.

"You will help me on this, right?" Jude asked a little concerned. He didn't seem like he was all that of a teacher. He was more like a friend that could only help you so much before reporting you to his or your mom.

"Huh? Oh, relax Sugar Plum, every thing is under control. You just need to focus more is all. Yeah, focus more..." He seemed to be deep in thought as he scratched his icy hair. Small shavings of ice fell to the floor.

He snapped his gloved fingers and surprisingly enough a resonating snap was heard from his hand.

"I've got it! All you need to do is think smaller!"

"Think smaller?"

"Yeah! Like, focus on a small glass of water or a candle or something of that nature Jude!" He was very excited and Jude couldn't help but share in his ecstatic state.

"O-oh ok, but where are we going to get candles and liquid water? This place isn't exactly warm friendly." Snow Miser had an annoyed expression cross his face for a split second. Just enough time for Jude to know he was upset.

"Your brother might have something fire related." Jude softly said. Trying not to anger the frost giant any further.

"Hmm, well, he probably would, wouldn't he? I can't visit him in his house. So you must. I, I can give you a way in. A portal, but you must be cautious around him. He can be quite the hot head." Snow Miser fished a small ember out of his pocket and handed it reluctantly over to Jude.

It landed in her palm and started to burn her hand. She gasped and dropped it on the icy floor. A small portal opened up underneath her feet and she screamed as she plummeted down to another more extreme reality.

Heat Miser was sulking on his throne. Strangely wanting to be the one to train the girl first. "What was her name?" He thought to himself. "Ah, Judith. She was quite, something, I wish I could see-"

A blue portal opened on his floor below his throne and a the woman in question popped out and on her back. An oof was heard as the air was knocked out of her. Heat Miser stood in shock and walked down to help her up.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this meeting, Judith?" He said happily, but immediately returned to his grumpy demeanor as to appear aloof. Jude stood up sharply and apologised profusely for the entrance.

"Oh, it's fine. Believe me, it's better than that icicle barging in." He said huffing. Jude looked around her new surroundings and felt a stark difference from the one she was semi used to.

"Oh, um well, I may have to borrow some candles. He sent me for 'em." Jude awkwardly said. Shuffling her feet on the hardened magma floor.

Heat Miser stiffened at that. "Candles? As in, date candles?" His hair flared up in a sort of embarrassed orange.

"No! No, I'm not interested in your brother like that." Jude said defensively. Heat Miser was stunned. Not interested in his more popular brother? That was a first.

"Well, I suppose I have some spares in the back." He whistled and three minions appeared out of nowhere with candles. Each alight with red flames.

"I, well, I hope they help you Judith."

"Thank you, and you can call me Jude." Heat Miser blushed a dark red blush and stammered profusely before another portal opened up underneath Jude.

She screamed as she fell back to the icy palace.

"Well, did the flaming fool give you any candles?"