Chapter 16

1 month later...

A lot has happened in the last month. I have been friends with Issac Evans for one month. Zoe and Asher ARE NOT dating. They have no labels. They are just....close friends.....with benefits. Zoe and I don't talk as much anymore and she told me already that she is picking Asher over me, but the thing is Asher still fools around with other girls sometimes and Zoe knows that.

Issac and I have grown closer and we celebrated our 1 month friendversary by going bungee jumping and then hot air balloon riding which was pretty cool. Victoria and her minions have continued their attacks toward me because of my friendship with Issac and we have had a few run ins before. Me of course insulting her nature and her stomping away angry. A few times she has slapped Issac and that's probably my favorite part.

Tommorow is probably one of my favorite days of the year: my aunt Seraphina's birthday is today. She lives a few miles out of town and I plan on surprising her.

The thing is, I am a procrastinator and I didn't get my outfit for her birthday or her gift, so my dear friend, Issac Evans is taking me to the mall to help me get an outfit.

Well, I more forced him to come.

"Bay this is the 16th shop we have entered and you have found nothing because you are so damn picky." Issac says exasperatingly.

"Whatever" I say and flip through the dresses on the rack. My aunt Seraphina is my aunt on my father's side, so she is the closest thing I have to my estranged father. She is the coolest aunt ever and she is probably the only person who has seen me smile the most in 7 years. My fingers brush against a baby blue dress and I stare at the dress in awe.

It's perfect.

I hold the dress up for Issac to see and his eyes light up.

"First, the princess has to try it on" he says.

I practically bounce over to the dressing room in excitement to try on the beautiful dress. Once I slip into the dress and look at myself in the mirror, I fall in love with the dress. The dress is flows nicely on my body and it fits the weather perfectly. The blue compliments my skin in a way I didn't think it would and I can't wait to hurry up and buy it already. I walk out the dressing room and over to Issac who is looking down at his phone. When he senses my presence, he looks up from his phone and looks at me. His eyes widen and his grip on his phone becomes loose that I am afraid it will fall out of his hand. His mouth is slightly ajar and his eyes are a dark shade of grey. I twirl around in the dress with a smile on my face.

"You like?"

"Like. I love" he chokes out and then clears his throat. Laughs bubble out my throat at Issac's flustered state.

"I'm gonna buy it" I say and run back to the dressing room to change out the dress and back into my clothes. I walk out the dressing room feeling happy that I finally found a dress. I go up to the cashier and pay for the dress and walk over to Issac who is standing outside the store.

I need to get Aunt Seraphina's gift. She loves Bath and Body Works products. It's an addiction of hers that I have spoken to her about and she should...i don't know...get help. I walk to the Bath and Body Works and instantly the smell of many mixtures of different sweet scents. I walk up to a 'try me' bottle and I turn around to Issac who isn't paying attention and I spray him and he stumbles back and makes a weird face. He starts fanning the air around him and I bust out laughing.

He glares at me though I know he isn't actually mad at me. I walk over to the new section where they have all their new perfumes and mists. I pick up two bottles of perfume and its matching lotions and I buy them.

Once we are done with that, Issac complains that he is hungry and we go to the food court. We get Chipotle because ever since my first time eating Chipotle's food, I have been hooked. Issac says he will get the food and he wants me to go find a table. I find an empty table toward a corner and sit at it and wait. Issac comes over and drops a paper bag in front of me.

"Did you know what I wanted on my burrito?"

"Of course. Brown rice,chicken, black beans, no tomatoes, no guacamole, no sour cream, lettuce, and LOTS and LOTS of cheese." He says with a proud smile on my face.

I wonder if he can hear how fast my heart is beating.

Butterflies have erupted in my stomach and my cheeks are a warm furnace that I can't turn off. I open up the foil and take a bite of my burrito and I hum at the familiar flavorful meal.

"Do you know MY order?" Issac asks.

"Uhhhh" I say and act like I totally forgot his order. Issac's eyes widen in shock and he looks hurt for a second.

"Brown rice, chicken, beef, lettuce, black beans, LOTS of cheese, and sour cream."

He looks at me impressed and then takes another bite out of his burrito. Issac and I start talking about random stuff and he drops hints on our next adventure that we will go on. Once we finished eating, we leave the mall and he takes me home.

"So where are you going now?"

"A basketball game with me and the guys."

"OK" I say and already miss him and he hasn't even driven off my lot. I am literally still in the car. I just wish he could stay longer.

"See ya later Evans" I get out the car and walk to my door, but before I enter, I look back to see Issac watching me. "Thank you!" I smile and walk into the house and close the door behind me. I go upstairs to my room and close it behind me. I hang up the dress in my closet and rest the blue sandals I have that could go with it in front of it.

I haven't seen Aunt Seraphina in so long. She travels often because she is a model and does a few acting roles. She is 21 so she also has a social life to uphold to as well. I just can't wait to see her. Maybe, she could tell me what to do about Zoe.

....

It's 1 pm and I am ready to head to Aunt Seraphina's house. It's her birthday and I can't wait to see the reaction on her face when she sees me. I left my hair curly like she likes it and I am waiting now for the uber to come and drop me to her house. A black Mazda car pulls up and I walk over to it and get inside.

According to the drivers phone, I have an hour drive ahead of me.

One of the cons of going all the way to my aunt's house.