Ch. 45

As requested by you beautiful people: Truex's POV

"Just get in!" Briar yells, sitting behind the wheel of her Range Rover.

I shake my head adamantly. "Just get out." I call back, going to my vehicle. No way am I letting her drive me anywhere.

I watch as she makes a production of getting out of the car and walking to mine, clearly unhappy with my unwillingness to die in a fiery car crash.

Finally, she gets in and I pull out of the driveway heading to our appointment. "You spent a week not going anywhere in that car and now you want to drive it everywhere?"

She looks out the window. "I'm not talking to you."

"Stop pouting." I tease, smiling at her disgruntled look.

"I'm not." She snaps back.

I try to take her hand but she slaps mine away. "When we get home you can go for a spin around the driveway." I tell her, smirking.

"Ha. Ha. Ha." She replies, crossing her arms.

"You know I worry." I say, honestly. With good reason of course. Judging by the looks of her last car that had more dents than rust, she is either a magnet for door dings or she is just careless. I cringe thinking of her going anywhere without me behind the wheel.

    I park the car and we meet on the sidewalk in front of the office. I try to take her hand but she's still cranky and refuses to touch me. I open the large glass door and hold it for her, as she walks through and I follow after. A short slender woman, professionally dressed comes forward to greet us enthusiastically.

"You must be, Mr. Marshall and the future Mrs. Marshall. I'm Cynthia Stevens, owner of Wedding by Design. I hear you need help planning your big day."She states, enthusiastically shaking Briar's hand and then mine.

"Actually, we're already married. This is just for our families." I point out.

"Oh, great! Then you know all about letting your wife have her way." She states, winking at Briar.

Briar scoffs. "He never lets me have my way."

Cynthia smiles a little uncomfortably and I put my arm around Briar shoulders as she continues. "I have a few wedding layouts put together. I've already taken the liberty and rented a big enough tent, tables and seating. I didn't want to scramble last minute, however we can cancel if you don't like them. I'll even cover the deposit myself." She states, earnestly.

"I'm sure it will be fine." Briar assures her, following Cynthia to her office.

    In the room there are different styles of flowers and centerpieces all placed with color options and fabric's. Briar studies the arrangements as Cynthia explains the style and of each and what the feel of the event would come across as.

    I watch Briar making sure she is happy with her choices and not settling on something she doesn't truly like. She bites her lip looking indecisive, not that I'm shocked. The options are nice and I'm surprised they can be done in the timeline that we are working with.

"Which one do you like?" She asks me looking a little lost.

I shrug. "I like them all."

Her shoulders fall. "Please, help."

I look over the different ones and feel that the soft pink roses with white accents are more her style, than the darker red and black colors. I also like the woodsy outdoor feel of the interior that is planned for it.

"This one." I say, pointing to the option to the left of me.

"Very good choice." Cynthia states, smiling.

"I like that one, too. Lets do it." Briar agrees.

"Are you sure?" I ask, trying to read her eyes for deception.

"Yes."