Get better Ed ch. 10

Chapter 10: Get better Ed

Avril's POV

Glare...

Who was I glaring at?

Well none other than Winry of course. I know I said previously that I had gotten over my dislike for her, but seeing her close to Ed just made me feel a tad bit jealous.

Am I wrong for it?

Probably.. But who can blame me? It was way better for me when I was the only girl around Edward.

I sighed to myself.

Well I just have to set aside my emotions and endure this for a while.

I sat down on the chair besides Ed's hospital bed, still eyeing the blonde girl on the opposite side with a huge frown adorning my looks. The movement caused Ed to glance at me from his peripheral vision and I quickly plastered a smile on my face. He grinned at me slightly and focused his attention on his arm once more.

I slouched deeper into my seat the moment his attention was averted from me.

That's right. I have to hide my emotions for Ed's sake.

Well let's look on the positive side about Winry's existence:

She's the one who always fixes Ed's arm when he breaks it, or modifies it to enhance certain advantages. So without her Edward wouldn't have an arm to fight with, or a leg as well.

...

But granny Pinako could always fix his arm and leg any time she wants to too.

Well for now Winry is more mobile I suppose since she's young, so for jobs like this she's more reliable.

Contented by my reasoning to help simmer the irritation welling inside of me, I sighed. Sitting here was extremely boring since I couldn't do anything but stay still and watch. Though I wanted to leave and stretch out a bit, I refused to exit the room and leave Winry alone with Edward. I knew she wouldn't try to pull any moves, but it still didn't sit well with me.

Suddenly the door burst open and Maes Hughes walked in; all smiles. The wind got knocked out of my system the minute my eyes laid on him.

The immense feeling of happiness but yet sadness took over me. I was so glad he was alive, but he'll only be alive for now. Just thinking about his funeral and poor Elicia made the tears well up in my eyes.

I hadn't even realized I was crying until Ed pointed it out, eyes filled with worry. Everyone in the room looked at me in concern.

"Hey there girl, what's wrong? Are you okay?", Hughes was the first to address me.

"Huh? Yeah yeah I'm fine. It's just that it's such an honor to meet you that I was moved to tears", I covered up my lie pretty well considering the fact that I don't like lying.

Ed just snorted. "What are you? The new Armstrong?"

"Haha Ed very funny", I stuck out my tongue at him and turned to smile at Hughes.

"Hi, I'm Avril", I stuck out my hand and he shook it.

"Maes Hughes, it's a pleasure to meet you". He turned to Ed with a smirk on his face.

"So Ed, is she your girlfriend?"

Suddenly the temperature in my body rose to the sky and my entire face felt warm. For a second, I couldn't speak and had to bite my lower lip to prevent myself from smiling.

Edward, on the other hand, nearly fainted from his surprise. His entire face turned red as it twisted into a flustered look.

"SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!"