F O R T Y - S I X

Rhys 

"Alpha" Matt came running in "Orion just called us. They're in trouble"

I ran to the door 

"Where are they?" 

"At Kassi's Grandfather's house" he replied, following me down the stairs "Ten minutes away" 

"EVERLY!" I yelled "WE HAVE TO GO! NOW!" 

Everly, Mia, and the Matthews twins ran down the stairs 

"What happened?" she asked 

"Orion called" Matt replied "He said Kassi was there" 

"Was?" I asked "You mean she's not there anymore?" 

Matt grimaced "I don't know. He just told us to come quickly before hanging up" 

Everly followed us out the door 

"Hold up!" a voice yelled "We're coming too!" 

I looked at them "I think it would be best if..." 

Taylor cut me off "She may be your mate but she was our best friend first. She needs us" 

I growled "Fine, just don't get in my way" 

She nodded 

I headed toward my truck and jumped in, motioning to the other to hurry up. 

The hurried into the car and before Matt could even shut his door, I took off. 

"Jeez" Taylor muttered "Don't kill us before we get a chance to save her" 

I ignored her and pressed harder on the gas 

"Please Selene" I thought "I just found her after all these years. Please let her be safe"

In less than six minutes, we pulled up to my grumpy old neighbors house. 

"Wow" Ethan whistled "Nice place" 

I glared at him as I opened the door "Are you going to help or not?" 

Ethan glared 

As soon as we stepped through the door, the first thing that hit us was the pungent smell of blood.