Rain and thunder (Taeyong)

Y/N sat on the windowsill, enjoying her evening tea. She frowned as she watched the sky slowly cover itself with a blanket of grey clouds. It was only a matter of time before it rained, she thought. Judging by the clouds, thunder would surely accompany the downpour. She closed the window when the cold winds started to numb her face.

She curled up with her blankets and tried to sleep before it started to pour. She could not get much shut eye as she woke to the sound of a blustery rain and thunder. Still drowsy from sleep, it took her a moment to realise that her doorbell was ringing continuously. She hurried to the door and opened it, which revealed a half drenched Taeyong.

"I've been out here for five whole minutes," he said, taking his wet jacket off.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep," Y/N apologised, handing him a towel. "Your clothes are upstairs, change before you catch a cold." She didn't wait for his response and pecked his cold lips before heading towards the kitchen.

The sound of thunder seeped in through the walls and window, making her shudder. She heated a cup of milk for hot chocolate.

After it was done, she took it upstairs to Taeyong. She knocked on the door instead of barging in, since he might still be changing. But it didn't really work out the way she had planned. When Taeyong opened the door, he was shirtless. Y/N quickly averted her eyes. "Your drink," she managed to say, holding out the mug for him. Taeyong reached out to take the mug from her hands, but grabbed her arm instead and pulled her inside, closing the door behind her. He took the mug from her hands and  took a sip of the hot chocolate before placing it on the bedside table. Y/N was surprised he didn't burn his tongue.

She found herself trapped between the wall and Taeyong's toned arms. She looked everywhere but at him. "It was cruel of you to leave me out in the rain," he whispered in her ear. Y/N's senses had gone haywire and she couldn't form a single sentence. He nuzzled her hair and wrapped his arms around her. Y/N raised her trembling hands and rested them on his back.

"You're still cold," she said softly. Taeyong cupped her face in his hands and leaned in. He parted her lips with his and then kissed her. She could taste the chocolate on his lips as he deepened the kiss. The sound of thunder and rain faded into nothingness. Her hands seemed to have a mind of their own, they trailed down his toned stomach, up his muscled back and across his broad shoulders.

It was when Taeyong broke the kiss that Y/N realised she had been placed on her bed with her boyfriend hovering on top of her. She looked into his eyes and held his unwavering gaze. Instead of talking, he kissed her forehead before laying down on the mattress beside her. Y/N kissed his shoulder. "I should leave you out in the rain more often if you're going to do that," she said against his skin. That made Taeyong grin.

"You would've gotten something better had you let me in earlier," he said, getting up and putting his hoodie on.

"Aren't you gonna drink your hot chocolate?" She asked when he laid beside her again.

"Later." He smiled. "Right now, you're hotter," he said, pulling her against himself. Y/N had to hide her blushing face against his chest. He pulled the blanket over them to hold the cold at bay. Y/N was lulled to sleep by Taeyong's soothing fingers drawing circles on her back.

When she woke up, the rain had died down. The space beside her was empty and cold. The mug on the bedside table was also gone. Y/N wrapped the blanket around herself and made her way downstairs. She found Taeyong in the kitchen, busy mixing something in a bowl. She walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his lithe figure, catching him off guard. "Good morning, babe," he said blithely.

"Morning," Y/N said, resting her forehead on his back. "What are you doing?"

"Making us breakfast." Y/N walked back to her room to freshen up. When she came back, breakfast was being set out on the breakfast bar. She helped Taeyong out and then the two seated themselves on the barstools.

"Didn't you have practice yesterday?" Y/N asked while pouring syrup over the pancakes.

"I did. I finished early to come here."

"But it was raining," she said, frowning. "You could've gotten sick."

"I came because it was raining. You don't like thunder, so I thought you'd want me here." Y/N noted how he used 'don't like' instead of 'scared of.'

"Oh no, I feel so guilty now. You were out there getting drenched because of me," she said remorsefully.

"It's not really your fault. I should've texted you first."

"Take a spare key with you this time," she said, pointing towards the key holder mounted on the kitchen wall.

"So that I can come over whenever I want? I see why you'd want that." He winked.

xxx

If you think I deserve it, please hit the vote button:)