Chapter 4: The Cursed Doll

"Excuse me, madam?" I open my eyes and in front of me stands an old wise man, clad in uniform, looking at me expectantly. His hair was a color of pepper and he had some freckles on his nose. "Ticket please?"

"Oh" I managed to say. I pick up my handbag from below my feet and opened the side pocket and give the ticket to the conductor. He examined it for merely a second and punched it and then gave me back. I put it back in the side pocket of my bag and leaned back on my seat, looking outside the view.

How soon the time passes whenever I think about him, about us, it feels so natural. The sound of the wheels hitting the track echoes in the air. I let the feeling of being with him embrace me once again.

"Mama!" I call and she embraces me in a hug.

"What is this mess sweety? What happened in your race today?" she asks with concern while looking at my attire and I try not to lie to her about my day.

"Mama I met a brat today."

"Honey you don't say that." mama arches an eyebrow at me and I tell her everything that happened

"It doesn't sound like the kid was at mistake only, you too need to learn some manners young lady." mama says, frowning at me.

"But mama-"

"Oh, where is my princess!" A very familiar heavy voice called behind me.

"DADDY!" I jump up in his arms.

"Oh! You've become quite fat." daddy says, cuddling me in his strong arms.

"No! You're lying daddy!" My face changed into a serious expression.

This can't be true, I can't actually be fat. Or am I really? tears started to prick from my eyes.

"Princess, I'm just joking with you but it's not a bad thing to be fat although you're not. But hey! My princess is strong and brave, she doesn't cry on such things, right?" daddy stroke's my hair gently and looks at me lovingly. I hug him and he kisses me on the cheek.

"Yes, I'm strong and brave like Dumpy!" I glee with joy.

"Whose Dumpy?"

"The puppet show I went to watch the other day, Dumpy was a brave soldier who saved the villagers from monsters, he kicked and bashed every evil!" I tell him with the motion of my hands, demonstrating the vision while my father smiles at me.

"But my princess is braver than Dumpy." he kisses my forehead before releasing me back on the ground and then ruffles my already dirty hair.

"Now let's get you all cleaned up so we can have lunch together." Mama chimes in. "Daddy, your princess almost killed a prince today," she says, picking me up.

"Well, honey that explains the mess but that's my girl!" daddy winks at me and I giggle.

"You better teach your princess some manners." mama eyes my daddy.

"Oh, honey tonight we're having dinner with the Adams. He's finally coming back home."

"So we're finally meeting him and his family again, glad to know that Mr. Harris." mama says with amusement in her eyes.

"Mama, who is Adam?"

"Mr. Adam is daddy's childhood friend."

"Best friend?"

"Yes, best friend," she says, pinching my nose.

"How come we never met him before?"