153. TVD

Season 6 Episode 22

"So I get the pleasure of an Elena Gilbert goodbye?" Willow asked sadly. Thanks to Kai, Elena would be forced to sleep for the next 60 or so years – until Bonnie died. The only way to say goodbye was to go into her head, something which only vampires could do.

"Of course you do," Elena said. "You're a huge part of my life, Willow."

Willow glanced down, trying to not let the tears fall. "You didn't deserve this Elena."

"There's no point dwelling on it. Bonnie and I get to have everything we wanted, just not at the same time."

Willow sniffed. "You know... I hated you when I came here."

Elena smiled sadly.

"You were perfect Elena, the one that everyone wanted to protect. I mean, you dumped Stefan for his brother and he had so much love for you. But Elena," Willow took her hand. "I get it now. I get why Stefan couldn't hate you. You're kind, and smart, and... good. Even when you were a vampire you were impossibly human. It should be me lying here, not you."

"No, Willow," Elena said. "You came here to kill everyone I loved. And you didn't. You let us see your vulnerability. You let us see how brave you are, how selfless, how loyal. And now you're one of us. You deserve to live a life that isn't ruled by witches. You and Stefan deserve the world, and there's nothing that I want more for you two than the chance to live the life that neither of you got."

"It sucks," Willow said. "You're young, and innocent. You should get to live, and see your best friend every day and be with your boyfriend. I shouldn't still be here, you should."

Elena smiled through her tears. "And what would Stefan do if you died?" she asked softly. "I wish that things could have been different, I wish we could have had more time to get to know each other. But these guys need you now."

"So what? I'm the new Elena?" Willow asked, crying.

Elena laughed. "Yep, you're exactly where I was a few years ago. A new vampire trying to figure out this crazy world with Stefan by your side. You'll be fine."

"You'll be fine," Willow corrected. "Damon is going to protect you with his life whether you're conscious or not. And then in 60 years, we get to see you again."

"Yep," Elena said. "That's no time to a vampire."

They hugged.

"Take care of everyone for me, please?" she asked.

"Of course," Willow promised. "Forever."

***

"Cut!"

Without meaning to, Nina and Cece broke down into heaving sobs.

"This is ridiculous, why are we crying?" Nina asked.

"I'm pregnant," Cece reminded her. "What's your excuse?"

Nina laughed and they hugged each other tightly, knowing that this would be their last scene together. It almost didn't feel real.

"No one will ever forget Elena Gilbert," Cece promised. "Or Katherine Pierce, for that matter!"

"And Nina Dobrev will never forget any of you guys," Nina promised back.

They hugged again. Then Cece left, as Nina got ready to say goodbye to the rest of the cast, for good.