6:Elders

(Y/N) jolted awake from a nightmare, panic over running her brain and she stood up and tried frantically to get out of Laurens hold and the sheets.

Lauren woke to her mates panic because scooping the young wolf up and holding her close to her chest.

(Y/N) squirmed and barked to get free as her mind replayed her nightmare.

Lauren whispered reassurance in her ear as she combed through the white fur with her fingers and sent out a calming aura for her mate.

After a few seconds of struggle, (Y/N) slowing calmed down and sunk into her mates embrace, both of the 'wolfs letting out a relieved sigh.

"You're okay pup..." Lauren whispered a she continued to pat her mate.

Checking the time Lauren saw it was five forty seven and there was no point in her going back to sleep.

Watching over her mate she played with the white fur as the small wolf fell back to sleep.

Placing the now sleeping wolf on the bed, Lauren shuffled out of bed and into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

"Alpha." Camila linked, waiting for a responds before continuing.

"Yes?" Lauren asked.

"The elders have requested yours and the Lunas presence this morning." Camila informed her.

"Time?" Lauren asked again, walking out of the bathroom.

"Seven, Alpha." Was Camilas reply.

"Okay, send them to my office, (Y/N) and I will be there shortly." Lauren said before ending the link as she watched her mate lovingly.

walking over to the bed, Lauren threaded her fingers through the white fur. 

The small wolf stirred at the disruption, whining slightly at the prospect of waking up.

"Shhhhh, it's time to wake up, pup." Lauren cooed smiling. 

Opening one eye, (Y/N) looked at her mate before huffing and moving slightly closer to the fur-less wolf. 

Lauren smiled at her, her mate wanting to get closer to her without getting up. 

Picking up the small wolf, (Y/N) startled at the sudden movement as her eyes flew open. " Sorry my love." Lauren told her sympathetically as she stood up with the wolf.

Walking towards the bathroom, Lauren spoke in a whisper to the wolf, "time for a bath, love." She told the pup.

Huffing, (Y/N) relented, knowing there was no point in arguing with an Alpha. She was an omega, the lowest pack rank. What was said went, regardless of who said it. 

Setting the small wolf in the white tub, Lauren was quick to fill it and wash her mate, getting her ready for meeting the pack elders.

After drying her with a fluffy towel and brushing her fur, Lauren carried her to her office where the pack elders were waiting.

"Good morning, elders." Lauren spoke formally with respect.

"Morning Alpha, Luna." They replied bowing their heads.

"How can I help you?" Lauren asked, setting her mate down on the hard wood floor as she sat in her chair.

(Y/N) was quick to scamper under her mates chair and away from the strangers. New people terrified her, the prospect of what they were capable of terrified her even more. 

"We had heard rumors of our Luna and they seem to be true. So she is merely a pup?" One elder spoke.

"Her wolf is under developed." Lauren spoke through gritted teeth. "(Y/N) will be turning eighteen this full moon. I believe her under development is due to her malnutrition and living conditions as she grew up in a small, windowless room." Lauren informed them, calming slightly as (Y/N) rubbed up against the raven haired girls leg.

"Sorry for upsetting you, Alpha. We were merely curious." One elder apologized, bowing their head.

"It is fine. Any further questions?" She asked.

"No Alpha, however we do wish to inform you Mrs Lovato has been injured during an attack and you are to lead her pack until she is fully healed. It was apart of our merge. Our ceremony for the lost will also take place this Friday as the moon rises." The elders told her.

"What information of Demetria do we have?" Lauren asked.

"Rogues attacked, targeting her. She's alive but in critical condition, all rogues were killed." They said.

Lauren gave them a curt nod as she frowned. "Dismissed." She spoke after a few seconds, the elders filling out of the room.

Once they were all gone as the door was closed, Lauren leaned back in her chair, sighing as she rubbed her face.

It was hard enough taking care of one pack yet alone two. Her pack held a total of seven hundred and thirty two people. Demi's held eight hundred and seventy eight but her pack wasn't obligated to train each day.

Picking up her mate, Lauren hugged the wolf close and inhaled her scent. These next few days would be busy...