Ch 1 | Why not?

EDITED

Ch 1 | Why not?

Kookie | 

❝I want to buy her❞ I point at a pretty girl eating her chocolate ice cream.

"Oh my sweet chipmunk, you can't buy a person," Eomma said, ruffling my hair. I glare at her, putting my hair back in place. I hate people touching my hair.

"Why not? Why not? Why not? Why not!" I stomped, "we have money, you just have to buy her with the damn money!"

"Language Kookie. How about we get to know her instead—maybe you guys can become friends," she counters. Muttering an 'okay' me and eomma walked to her.

"Is she your daughter ma'am?" Eomma asked a lady as I hid behind her legs, she said something to the girl making her smile. They were still chatting when the pretty girl gave me a smile.
I didn't say anything, instead I just grimly stood before her.

"Hey, I'm Mirae, how old are you?" she cooed, crouching down to my level, offering me her hand.

I want her.

"Jungkook, but you call me Kookie. I'm this-" I held six fingers showing her my age. She giggled holding my hands and sat me on a bench.
"Oh, my Kookie! You're 6, quite a man huh?" She squished my cheeks "—but you look like a cute, little 4-year-old," and pecked both of them. Making them both heat up and I don't know why.

Why is she treating me like a kid!

"Noona how old are you?" I asked licking her chocolate ice cream that she gave me. Noona's ice cream for some reason is nicer than all the ones I have had before. It must be expensive.

"I'm 12 Kookie," she said giggling at me.
I looked at her confused as to why she's giggling but her giggles are really soft and gentle. Her voice is not loud like those girls that wear a lot of red tomato on their lips and stick stuff under their feet wearing bikinis.

"What?"

"You have chocolate smeared everywhere, all over your face," she said wiping my mouth and cheeks with her pink handkerchief, "–there you go."

I puckered my lips looking at Noona.
Noona smells so nice, I hate apples and raspberries but now I think they're okay. But I still hate the other fruits.

"Oh look they've become friends pretty quickly!" the lady said, "-hello Kookie you can call me Aunty. I'm Mirae's mother." She smiled, ruffling my hair. Aish! Why is everyone touching my hair today?
Eomma sighed in content smiling very wide.

"What's wrong Mrs. Jeon" Aunty asked.

"He's extremely hard to befriend. Sometimes it's like he hates everyone. Myself and his father took him to the best doctors and therapists, some even said he might be emotionally dead and only expresses his anger and needs" I didn't understand anything she just said.

"I know I'm being blunt right now but I was really upset when I found out about my only son's condition. I love him so much even if he can't feel that emotion, for all I want is for him to be happy and maybe find true happiness in the future," Eomma wiped her eyes.
"–it's very surprising that my son took a liking to your daughter. Its an extremely rare case for him to take any likings to anyone"

"This didn't occur for the past 6 years. He never got along well with anyone"

Noona looked at me with a proud grin. Scooting closer to me, she placed me in her lap, "Oh Kookie, let's be friends," she smiled.

I don't need friends but why can't we buy her and I don't want to be friends.
Why not best friends?

"Not best friends?" Tears prickled my eyes.

"Oh Kookie, I'll be your one and only best friend forever and ever!"