0. prologue

a.n. hi! this is my first time writing a story on wattpad, so please be gentle (haha)
i've been dying to try my hand at a quick transmigration / world hopping novel because it's one of my favourite types of stories, so here it is.

i will try to update at least once a week, and hopefully i'll stick through this till the end.

i would love to hear your thoughts / comments on this as well, since it will motivate me to write!! thanks for visiting!!

disclaimer. this entire work is fictional, any resemblance to any persons is purely coincidental.

warnings. i MIGHT write r18 scenes for this. if this does happen i WILL be putting warnings on the front of the page/chapter it will be on, and write where it begins/ends, so you'll know which parts to skip!

-

He woke up in a white space.

"INITIALIZING BOOT PROTOCOL 654-1A."

The sound of gears creaking, and a mechanical voice greeted him.

"Greetings, ONE. I am System 501, designation QT, here to welcome you into this life."

"Hello." The man named ONE greeted. "Where am I?"

"This is the space between worlds, dear host! Here is the place all life began, where all life will end, and where you will be assigned your missions for the foreseeable future."

"...Missions?"

"Yes! As a system with the designation QT, you and I share the same destiny, and must traverse the multiverses together in order to fix the thread of fate!"

ONE looked at the system - a small, glowing white ball of light floating in front of him - warily. He had no memories at all prior to this moment, and yet, as if written into his very core, he knew what the purpose of his existence was, and he could see that the path leading to his future had already been long before he was even made.

And he was unsure of how to feel about it.

"What if I... refuse?" He dared to ask.

QT paused for a moment, and he could hear a mechanical whirr as it, perhaps, tried to process his words.

"Then there is only a fate worse than death in the path ahead of us."

ONE considered the system's words, and, after only a moments hesitation, replied.

"Alright then. What do I have to do?"

The system buzzed in joy, and immediately jumped to explain things to him.

Though his tasks would vary, he would have one main goal: to travel across universes and maintain world stability.

There were a few rules he was given, namely:

1. Don't be found out as a system user (related to this, don't OOC)

2. Maintain world integrity

3. Failure meant deletion

In the future, depending on his success, he would be able to gather points and purchase items that could help him and his system, QT, through the available system store.

In the end, if he collected enough, he would be given free will in terms of which worlds to travel to, so long as he avoided the main plots of said worlds.

"It doesn't seem like I have much of a choice, do I?"

"Unfortunately, no."

"Ah, well... If we're going to be working together, what should I call you then, partner?"

"You can call me QT!" The system, who was used to colder, more ruthless partners said excitedly. "Do you have a preferred name as well?"

ONE, who had before this moment never really thought of himself as an entity, shook his head.

"Then how about I call you Xiao Yi?" It said, thinking about how ONE was now like a baby under its superior guidance.

ONE, who would have protested that just because he had just been created, didn't mean he was a baby, nodded along happily in ignorance. "Sure!"

"Then shall we start?"

With that, the image of Xiao Yi and his system blurred out of existence and vanished from that white space.

"INITIALIZING TRANSFER... 100%."

-

next chapter. an introduction to the world! the first arc will take place in a modern setting.