Depression-Press Release

Dealing with depression is a big deal. If you don't know how to deal with depression, many people reside in cutting, suicide, and needing professional help.

So, I'm going to share some of my ways to deal with depression.

Often when I'm home, I feel bored and stressed because I don't have my friends around. I'm also one of those people who doesn't like telling my parents that I have depression. Granted, they found out eventually.

So, here is what to do when you feel like your not worth living.

1. Talk to a friend or trusted an adult.

2. Do something you like(sing, draw, write, etc.). If it turns out to be something depressing, that's okay unless it makes you feel worse.

3. Do something active. Activity will remove stress.

4. Listen to music. however, if the current song your listening to makes you feel worse, that isn't a good song to be listening to.

5. Join one of those anonymous talk meetings if the ones stated before doesn't help.

Now, what if your mind keeps giving you negative scenarios that can possibly happen in the future, or bad thoughts from the past?

Things not to do are cutting, writing words like unloved, alone, $l**, and so forth somewhere on your body, and being suicidal. I know from personal experience, this is easier said than done.

Things to do.

1. Vent to a friend in any way possible(computer, phone, text, facebook, or in person). This is not a free option to go punching and emotionally hurting them.

2. Make a mindscape. picture a calming place where you feel safe.

Ex: Mine is in the forest with the sun filtering through. There's a large warm stone to sit on. A creek with a small waterfall, my boyfriend, and some animals. Now, whenever you get thoughts, try remembering this.

Warning: it only lasts so long, so you may have to make a new one or find another way to keep them away.

3. Picture yourself in a box where the negative thoughts can't get in.

If the walls feel enclosed, try pushing them out. If they come back, this may not work for you, but it is here just in case it does for someone.

If it makes you feel claustrophobic, even if you don't have negative thoughts, it isn't a good tool to use.

Warning: may not work, can, in the end, make thoughts worse when using.

4. Remove the negative influences from your life(bad friends, etc.).

5. Happy thoughts or memories.

6. Ask for a shoulder to cry on. If you have a boyfriend/girlfriend, ask if they can hold you while you cry.

7. Write your thoughts and feelings down.

And finally... This applies to men majorly. I heard on a reliable radio source that the easiest way for men to diffuse stress, it to just phone a friend and talk. It doesn't even need to be about what you're going through.

If you didn't find any of these helpful, I'm sorry... If you know any other ways to help depression, please post them in the comments.

If none of this help, go seek professional help (counseling).
And please, do not reside to suicide, cutting, or writing lies on your body.