Chapter 13

Maisie

I felt someone shaking and calling me.
"Wife....Maisie... Maisie". It was a faint sound. I slowly opened my eyes and was greeted with Lucifer's grey eyes.
"Love. Get up. We are going to land" he said while helping me to get up. We went out of the room and sat down on the chairs.
For some reason, I was not scared of heights anymore. There was a slight nervousness but the actual fear, it was gone.
Like they say - 'We have to face our fear to conquer it'. In fact , it was true.

I placed my head on Lucifer's shoulder because again for some unknown reason, I was still feeling sleepy.
"Sleepy again?" Lucifer asked in a amused tone. I didn't said anything but nodded my head. I was too tired to say something. Lucifer wrapped his  arm around my shoulder and bring me closer. We stayed like that until we landed.
Outside there was a car waiting for us. Since it was a private island, I didn't see anyone. We went to a beautiful house. It was very very beautiful. Our driver helped us to put our things inside. Then he went away.
I looked around the house and was mesmerized by its beauty.
'Why everything he own is this beautiful?'
Suddenly, Lucifer came from behind and picked me up in bridal style. I yelped again.
'I can never get used to it'
He went to the master bedroom and softly placed me on the bed.
"Sleep. You are tired" he said while placing the covers over me.
"Where are you going?" I said in a sleepy tone.
"I have to do some work" he replied.
'But its our honeymoon, how can you work on a honeymoon??'
I wanted to say, but the feeling of soft, warm bed was pulling me into deep sleep. So I closed my eyes and let the sleep come over me.

When get up, it was evening. I got up and freshen up. I wore a pink coloured simple dress. I went downstairs to see Lucifer, casually dressed, talking to someone in a different language. As I approached him, he ended his call and pulled me into a toe curling kiss.
"Let's go outside. It's time for sunset" he said. We went outside to the sea shore. We sat on the sand while facing the sunset. And the view? It was breathtaking. I was so lost in the nature's beauty that I didn't even realized that I was smiling like a fool.
"It is beautiful" I said with a smile still facing the sunset.
"Yes. But not more than you" he said sweetly. I blushed hard.
After few hours of talking, we came inside. I noticed that no maid was present so I decided to cook ourselves dinner. Lucifer helped me while cooking. Other than the fact of him being the underworld King, he is a amazing person.
After dinner, we went to our room. Lucifer went to the bathroom to change. As I was not feeling sleepy, I went to the balcony. I looked at the night view. It was so calming. The moon shined beautifully above the ocean. Soft breeze was flowing. I felt so relief that I started humming softly.
Forgetting about Lucifer being there, I started to softly sing 'My Love' song by Sia. Suddenly, I was turned around and I felt someone's lips on mine. Lucifer was kissing me senselessly. Like he is a dieing man and I'm the only source of his survival. I was out of my breath so I tried to push him but this stubborn man, only growled and pulled me impossibly closer.
"Lu- Lucifer..." I moaned in protest. He again growled but nevertheless, released my lips. He stated kissing my jawline, my neck and my collarbone.
"You have a amazing voice. Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to not fuck you senselessly? You drive me insane, woman" He growled.

'He liked my voice? But my aunt said I have a bad voice' I got lost in my thoughts.
"What is it?" Lucifer asked. I looked at him, trying to figure out should I tell him the Truth or not.
'As if he'll believe in your lie' my subconscious scoffed at me.
So I decided to tell him the truth.
"My aunt never liked my voice. Sh-she used to say I've a very bad voice" I looked down feeling embarrassed.
He lightly hold my chin and tilted it up for me to look at him.
"You have a breathtaking voice, wife. That bitch don't know anything. So don't spoil your mood thinking something stupid she said" he said and kissed me again.