Chapter 14, Secrets

I couldn't even think about the possibility of sleep

I couldn't even think about the possibility of sleep. I've been driving around the city, hopelessly looking for Rebma until the sun came up. The last time I saw her, was when Xavier carried her out of the club and there was nothing I could do about it. Not with half of my fucking body completely numb! I got Myra to thank for that one.

"Any messages yet?" I ask Owen when he walks back onto the kitchen. I'm just happy that all of Sterling's members are gone by now. Out to wait for orders. Gareth, his son, Falco, and of course Nixon are all already on their way to Tygerwell - they're organizing a new gang house for Sterling.

"No messages, you?" Owen asks Sean.

"Why would I get a message?" Sean asks. "I'm just Sean the driver," he adds with a mumble. 

"True," I sigh. Rebma would message either me or Owen first.

"You guys still freaking out about this girl?" Myra suddenly asks as she steps into the kitchen as well. She still has her purple wig on, but instead of a cocktail dress, she's wearing Owen's shirt and shorts. I guess one part of my plan didn't completely fail. "How did you lose her in the first place?"

I grit my teeth at this. "I left her for a second and then somehow couldn't move the left side of my body. Our enemy carried her away and I have no idea what he could be doing to her right now. No doubt threatening her so he can marry her," I explain while pacing up and down. I send Myra a look that says it's somewhat her fault as well, because she's the one that paralyzed my body.

Myra shrugs, "Thanks for letting me stay though. I can't believe my friend just left me like that." She hands me a look that says: 'you owe me a lot of money for sleeping over' . Getting Owen to fall for Myra is a long term strategy. I know the idiot isn't doing it in just seconds.

I'm surprised he didn't sleep with her. But something tells me that Myra is the reason behind that one. Little Miss 'I'm not a prostitute' probably told Owen 'no'. Stupid.

"Can I, uhm, talk to you for a second?" Myra asks and I reluctantly gesture for her to follow me to the living room. Owen is too busy with Sean in finding Rebma's location to realize or care.