Chapter 5: Little Slave, Little Slave

When they arrived at the hotel in London, rooming arrangements were as so: The Beatles shared a hotel room that came with four other rooms, a small kitchenette, and a living room, while Audrey and Brian had their own rooms that all looked exactly the same; Audrey's being only two doors down from the band and Brian's being across the hall from them. And Audrey couldn't be any happier. She had been afraid that, for some reason, she would have to share a room with The Beatles. Obviously, she was relieved that she didn't have to see any of them; especially Paul. Audrey was still in mortification at Paul's actions on the train ride over. And even though she was happy to be away from them, she kept having thoughts of them talking about what Paul had done and how oh-so funny it was. In her mind, she had it put that Paul only kissed her to impress the others. She felt disrespected and taken advantage of.

And as she kept thinking of what they could be saying while she unpacked her things and settled in, a knock echoed through her hotel room. Curiously, she ran a hand down her dress and then answered the door. Much to her surprise, it was John.

"Hi," he said nonchalantly; leaning on the door way with his hands in his pockets. Audrey swallowed nervously, expecting the worst, and gave a single nod. "Hello," she answered shortly. "I was thinking maybe you'd like to come sight seeing with me and the others. We could use a bird like yourself."

She narrowed her eyes. "A bird?" John shrugged a shoulder. "Yeah," he replied, "You know, a girl... Are you coming or not?" For some reason, she felt excited. Yes, she was still mad at Paul, but John was asking her to hang out with them. John. The one who seemed to have hated her. But she hid the excitement and casually nodded. "Sounds nice," she said. "Good," he replied, standing tall, "Let's get going, shall we, Birdie?" Audrey nodded, - blushing at the newly found nickname - leaving the room with the key in her pocket.

Audrey followed John down into the lobby where all of the only two Beatles stood, chatting about what things there were to do there. "Look who came to join us." John smiled, interrupting Paul and Ringo's conversation. "What happened to getting George?" Ringo asked who toyed with a camera in his hands; eyebrows furrowed. John shrugged a shoulder as if George not being around wasn't much of a big deal. "He said he wanted to stay in the room and catch up on his resting before the show in a few days. It isn't every day we get to sleep in."

Ringo looked Audrey up and down as if scanning her for approval. "Alright," he shrugged, "She's the next best thing, I suppose."

"Well, let's get going then." Paul rushed.

Audrey hardly looked at Paul, making it easier to stick around. Every now and then she could feel Paul stealing a glance, but she acted as if she didn't notice. Though, the small glances began to make her nervous. As they all walked down the street a giant clock that rose high in the sky was seen; Big Ben.

John quickly stopped looking up at the clock. "This is absolutely amazing." he beamed, "We've got to take a picture, yeah?" The boys agreed and stood in front of Big Ben; getting as close as they could . Ringo held up his camera, facing it towards them as they posed for a picture. But before the camera could go off, John quickly denied it from happening. "Wait just a minute," John said as he stepped over to Audrey. "I think we've forgotten about someone." A small grin slid on to her face, feeling that John was finally changing. However, that little dream changed quickly when John snatched Ringo's camera from his hands and shoved it into Audrey's.

She looked up at him in confusion. "Certainly you're aware that a personal assistant is never on holiday?" John said, acknowledging her dumbfounded look that she quickly wiped off.

"Of course." said Audrey. She took the camera in her hands, trying her best not to look too disappointed, and took the picture if the posing Beatles. It was her first time in London and she too wanted to have a little fun. Sadly, that wasn't going to happen.