THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY
( FRIENDS )

CHAPTER THIRTY( FRIENDS )

"ACE, WAKE UP, MAN!"

Nick jolted up, only to fall out of his desk and onto the floor, letting out a yelp as he did so. He let out a groan of pain, curling into himself the slightest bit as he heard laughter above him. "What the ever loving fuck was that for?" He snapped, opening his eyes to see a few upperclassmen staring down at him, laughing at his reaction to Monty basically screaming in his ear. Only one was a senior, the other two juniors with one of them supposed to be in his senior year.

Richard Dickerson – the junior, a soccer and football player – laughed amusedly and stuck out a hand for Nick to grab ahold of. "Study hall is over, it's lunch time," he explained.

"Yeah, we wanna know if you're sitting with us again, Ace," one of the others said – Ethan Sanders, the only senior of the group, and another soccer player.

Nick got up with the help of Richard – Ricky Dicky, as the others nicknamed him, but a few just call him Richie, or Dick when he's being a, well, dick – and grabbed his backpack. He made a slightly annoyed face as he made sure he wasn't leaving anything, stuffing papers and pencils and a text book into his backpack before putting the straps on his shoulders. "Why do you keep calling me 'Ace'?" He asked.

"Because you're good at soccer and tennis," Ethan said in a 'duh' tone as if it were obvious. "You're ace at them, Ace." He grinned, proud himself, meanwhile everyone else just stared at him, unimpressed.

"Not the best one you've done, E."

"Yeah, that sucked," the third guy, Monty Grier, said; he was supposed to be a senior, but last year he missed classes so much that he had no other choice but to take junior year again. He was a baseball player, one of the best ones the school had, along with a football player like Richie.

"Speaking of tennis," Nick said slowly as they all started walking. "The team has a meeting with the coach, so I'm just gonna head over there."

"But that's not until one, you have most of lunch," Ethan stated, confusion filling his green eyes as he motioned towards the direction the cafeteria was, Monty nodding beside him as Richie just stared at him as if trying to figure something out.

"I mean, I'm not that hungry, so-." Nick turned to leave as he spoke, ready to get away from the older boys, but someone grabbing his backpack and pulled him back, lifting it up some. The fifteen year old glared up at Richie, the older boy almost keeping Nick's feet off of the ground as he held him by the backpack.

"Flash is sitting with us, too, you know him, right?" Richie asked.

"Yes, I know Flash."