Chapter 14

Hearing Ying Lu's excited voice, I already know she is once again holding the attitude of 'scandalous romance is always everywhere', makes sense, after such a classic scene of hero saving the beauty, the female lead raises her head to intently look at the male lead, in a trance but also exceptionally focused, coupled with the male lead being a one-in-a-million handsome gentleman, a masterful one at that, no matter who looks at it, they would think her spring heart is rippling waves.

But Liu Ru Xu is not your typical female lead, even though I am stood so far from her, I can still feel her face suddenly give rise to an unlikely look of indifference, in her eyes that have always been reflecting a cold light, there flashes a bit of deep yearning and confusion, tightly pursed lips pale and weak. I believe I know what this emotion is, it's called......sorrow.

In everyone's memories there are wounds buried, deep ones, shallow ones, healed ones, rotted ones. We are unable to do anything with them, unable to forget nor able to readily accept.

This is us, perhaps there are times, we are all the same.

Towards Liu Ru Xu's strange reaction, Yuwen Rui's expression remains unchanging, his pretty and handsome face still carrying a gentle yet distant smile, tall and slender body stood upright like bamboo, such a pleasing view is even able to cover up the fact that he did not even reach out to help Liu Ru Xu up.

I secretly spurn, not seeing him for so many days, he is indeed still the same. He still likes to put on an act, leading people around in circles, just like the Yuwen Rui I know, of course, he is also that immature, nonsensical, petty plus black belly Yuwen Rui. A nasty thought suddenly pops up in my head, there will be one day, I raise a beautiful snow-white little fox, hanging a long chain made of silver around its neck, then on days when the weather is nice, I will lead it out......walking the fox.

What life lacks, can indeed be fulfilled in imaginations.

I blink my eyes, continuing to observe the situation over there. The original deadlock of the scene is broken by that scholar-like male, his steps hurried and unstable as he comes to Liu Ru Xu's side, extending his hand to her, voice shaky as he asks: "Young-, Young Lady Meng, are you alright?"

Only then does Liu Ru Xu snap out of it, her body making a very slight, almost unnoticeable, quiver. Her face once again masked with coldness, ignoring his hand, she indifferently says: "I have troubled Gentleman Guan, I am fine." She gets up to face Yuwen Rui, respectful yet not warm as she says: "Many thanks to this gentleman coming to the rescue just now, Ru Xu is exceptionally grateful."

I am thinking this Liu Ru Xu sure is capable ah, one second she is looking soulless, the next second she completely acts like nothing had happened, but at the very least she had told Yuwen Rui her name, right? Also, just now that male called Liu Ru Xu 'Young Lady Meng'?

Yuwen Rui slightly nods, his voice cold: "Lady needs not be courteous."

"They're all just pretending to be cultured." Ying Lu mutters, "Let's go, let's go, really, wasted so much of my time."

I think to myself that Ying Lu truly is very blunt and cute, her words are very much one prick sees blood. I nod at her, "Sure."

As I turn around, I find it so laughable, Yuwen Rui spent so much effort laying out the net to find me, but once I'm right under his nose, he is unable to notice this, from this, you can see that all those so-called 'spotting you at one glance in the vast sea of people', is but all a joke.

Mine and Ying Lu's arrival at Pei Yu Court just happened to coincide with a chubby middle-aged man taking out a box, seeing his flushing cheeks and smile filling his entire face, I presume he has encountered a great matter.