Chapter Four

Xavier POV

I lay in my bed, staring up at ceiling. Three years, they've known each other for three years. I'll never be able to top that no matter how long we would be together. That's if we get together. When humans fall in love, they love hard and this is three years of love we're talking about. He was there when her current relationship at the time got abusive. Got her out of it quickly and fought her significant other.

He was there when her family turned their backs on her. He encouraged her when she got her first job. Encouraged her to get into modeling and I saw her headshots. I didn't like the photoshopping, but she still looked gorgeous nonetheless. Like a dark chocolate drop I would want to eat up. If I could eat her up.

My wolf began to stir in my head. I sigh and climb out of my bed. Stripping off my clothes, I walk out of my room and down the stairs before reaching the outside. Shifting into my wolf, I allow him to take off into the woods. I could tell by the path that he was going straight to Summer. I know he would love to see her with his own eyes, possibly have her pet him.

Reaching the backyard of their house again, she was sitting on the porch swing again. This time she was dressed in her night wear with her hair in a bonnet. Her stomach poked out of her shirt and she looked adorable as she stared at the sky, lost in thought. My wolf pranced out to her and she gasps when her eyes transfixed on him.

"Whoa, Ryan said there would be wolves out here, but I didn't want to believe him," Summer speaks as my wolf walks up to her and sits down at her feet. "You seem tamed?" Summer questions as she climbs off the porch swing and slowly gets to her knees and sits down to pet his head. "I'm happy you don't have red eyes, Ryan warned me about them too. Don't tell him this, but I saw one before you came. It stared and sneered at me which was weird," Summer rants.

Rogues? On my territory? That's not good, that's not good at all. That could mean war and she's just now getting here. I don't want to put her through that.

"You're really beautiful with this beautiful black coat of yours, with a quick glance in the light I would mistake it to be brown," Summer continues as she pets me. This is girl is kind of weird now that I think about it. She is just here, petting a wild wolf.

I guess that's just her character.

"I also have a secret to tell you, and yeah I'm confiding in a random wolf because I have no friends and I can't tell Ryan this," my wolf perks up as she sighs, "I like his brother." I wanted to jump up and do a happy dance. "It's weird, I barely talked to him, but I feel this small pull and attraction to him. Almost all day I imagined what it would be like to kiss him."

My wolf contained his grin as his tag wagged happily back and forth. "It's just temptation though, I would never do that to my baby. I love him more than something that would probably be a small fling," Summer rants and my wolf pouts.

We both wanted her to choose us over him. He can't protect her like we can, if she was mine and pregnant with my pups, I would never let her sit outside alone.

Hell, he can't even change into his wolf to protect her from an imminent threat. He is not us, we were made to be together. I was made for her and she was made for me and I have waited a long time for this moment.

Anger seizes it's way into my heart. I'm going to kill my brother. He is the reason things are like this. Tonight is the night, I'm telling mom. She will make this right and convince Summer to have more than a spark for me.

"It's time for me to go inside," Summer sighs and groans as she holds her back, trying to stand up. My wolf gets up and goes behind her. With his snout, he pushed her up and she quickly stands up. "Thank you, therapy session same time tomorrow?" She asks before chuckling to herself. "You probably don't even understand me, but I promise a rare steak if you come here tomorrow," Summer tells me and my wolf twirls around and sits down with a grin.

She smiles and waves before going into her home. My wolf turns around and runs back to the pack house. Entering, I shift back into my human form and walk to my room. Quickly grabbing a pair of gym shorts, I pull them on and run to my parents room. Knocking on the door, my father answered the door with his brown hair tousled and hickies on his tanned skin.

"This better be good, Xavier," he grumbled as I smile at him, amused. "I need to talk to mom," I chuckle as I walk into the room. My father grumbled more and I noticed my mom quickly fixing her robe. She cleared her throat and sat down on the unusually neat bed. "What is it dear?" She asks me as she uses a towel to wipe sweat off of her.

"We have a problem, remember how I was telling you that Ryan is back in town?" I ask her and she nods her head. "Well... he came with a girl who is his fiance and pregnant with his twins," I tell her and my father begins to cheer. "That's amazing! He's finally found his other half!" My father cheered. I look down at the bed and my mother grabs my chin and lifts up my head.

"What is it?" She asks and I sigh. I didn't want my father to be joyous over nothing, but this needed to happen. "She's my mate, mom, she's also human," I tell her and the air shifted as her jaw locked. "So your brother is engaged to your mate and he also got her pregnant?" My mom asks me and I nod, "he also marked her." This caused my mom to growl as my father scoffed.

"This boy finally gets something good in his life and you two want to strip it away from him," my dad argues and my mother stared at him with no expression. "Xavier, I will talk to you in the morning," my mom tells me and kisses my cheek. I stand up and leave the thickening tension, closing the door behind me.

They were going to argue over us as usual. Nothing new, my father always had Ryan's side and mom had mine. It's practically been like that ever since we found out that Ryan couldn't shift. It was a sad day for the pack because even though he was the youngest, our father saw that he was fit to be Alpha.

Disappointed him and everyone else and he had no choice, but to give me the Alpha title. Mom was the only one who rejoiced while everyone sulked. It felt bad that I got it as a second hand plan, but I have proved myself to be an excellent Alpha so far. I just need my soul mate, the pack's Luna. The female Alpha. I'm going to get her.