Chapter 31

I got up at dawn and headed to the bathroom to fix myself up. Once done, I put on a long beige skirt, white blouse and black scarf. I then tie my hair into a bun, although with shorter hair it does look a little messy. I obviously don't have money on me, so I need to pass the HQ before anything.

I leave Mikasa and I's room and head down the corridor, just to see the Commander in his favourite seat and a few others.

"You are going out early." Erwin eyes me and then looks back down at something he was reading.

"Yes, I just didn't want to waste time." I salute.

"You are going by yourself? That isn't very safe. You should at least go with Mikasa." Erwin continues.

"She's helping alongside Hange with an experiment on Eren. I'll be fine Erwin." I answer.

"You can't be too sure. Since the old system had been overthrown, a rule that states "Weapons are not to be held onto unless in Bars or if a soldier is on duty. Any other weapon found on a civilian can lead to arrest on the spot." has been applied." Erwin informs me.

Oh. Never knew that happened.

"No need to worry, no one will notice me." I assure him.

"I can tell you that is an inaccurate gamble you are taking on." Erwin chuckles.

"I'll go with you." Jean says standing up.

"No need Jean. I'm fine." I say turning around to the door. I'm about to open the door, when I suddenly hear the click of a tongue.

Only Levi does that.

"I'll go with her." He stands up and walks towards me.

"No need Captain." I eye him.

"I have things to do as well." He adds.

"We can go seperate ways." I fake smile.

"Sorted! Levi can escorts you." Erwin claps his hands together.

I rather go with Jean.

"Yes. Let's go." Before I can contest him, he opens the door wider and pushes me out. He closes he door behind him and I speed walk to the stables. I place a sale on my horse and notice Levi doing the same to his.

"So, like, how long are we keeping the act on for?" I whisper.

"What act?" He asks, mounting his horse while I still work on the straps.

"Seriously?" My lip twitches.

"Yes. I have a few things I need to buy, which I can do while escorting you." He answers.

"Well, I'm going to the HQ first." I mount my horse and s/he starts trotting along Levi's.

"Why? That's too far." He states, he face quite blank.

"Because that is where all of my money is." I narrow my eyes when he glances at me.

"No need." He bluntly says.

"What do you mean no need? How do you expect me to pay for things?" I retort.

"Idiot, let me explain it for you. I will pay for everything. Then you pay me back when we go back to the HQ another day." He says slowly.

"No need." I copy him.

"There is actually, I'm not following you to the HQ." He states.

"Captain." I stop my horse completely, "You don't need to follow me around. I am sure you have better things to do and nobody is going to bother me. I can take care of myself. And if it does come up. It doesn't matter."

"How does it not matter? If someone rapes you are you going to say it doesn't matter?" He replies, his eyes boring into mine. I immediately flinch at the word and drop my reigns by accident. I quickly pick them up and ignore what he said, heading onwards.

"What happened?" He asks all of a sudden.

"I accidently dropped my reigns" I bluntly answer.

"Do you even trust me?" He asks. I glance at him and then look forward, not answering and speeding up a little, to the direction of Stohess District.

"I am your Captain, answer the question Cadet." He uses his status against me. I instantly remember the position Erwin gave me the other day.

"For your information Levi, I am Squad Captain Y/N L/N. Respect me the way I respect you." I return to normal pace.

"What is so bad about me escorting you Y/N? What have I done to lose your trust? You hate me or what?"

"I don't hate anyone." I mutter. He glances at me with his usual stoic face and continues to escort me. Not talking.

***
We entered Stohess and Levi finally spoke.

"Look, we are already here. Don't hold a grudge." He glances at me. I get down from my horse and tightly tie the reigns to a pole. No one should dare to touch my horse.

"Yes. Let's just get to know each other more." I reply.

"Okay, that works."

Wait. Did he not realise I was being sarcastic? He gets down from his horse and ties the reigns of his horse to the same pole I used.

"So where first?" He asks.

"No where in particular. I actually don't plan on buying anything so let's do your stuff first." I turn and look straight at him, gesturing him to lead the way.

"This isn't about using my money right?" He narrows his eyes.

"No. I genuinely only came outside to walk around and maybe eat something." I roll my eyes.

"Okay." He says and starts walking away. I sigh and follow beside him. We enter a shop and Levi heads to an area dedicated to soap.

Not washing up soap but literally bath soaps.

Hmm. Okay.

He picks up one and reads through the back before handing it to me and picking up another.

I lift it up and read it.

Lemon Scented.

Oh my WALLS.

I turn it around and other do nearly gasp when I see the price.

"What?" He says handing me another.

Peach Scented.

"Captain you do realise this cost double of me?!" I glance at him and then the price then him again.

"Well if that's how currency works, I have multiple yous in my wallet." He rolls his eyes. He picks up another and we go to pay for them.

Once done we head out, with Levi holding the bag.

"You also realise one is for Ladies, Captain?"

"Call me Levi. We aren't on duty." He glances at me, avoiding the question.

"Well Levi... Is there a special someone you plan to give that soap to?"  I smirk.

"No, not really. But if you want to think of it that way go ahead." We walk towards a Tea Cafe and sit down at at table.

Of course it is Tea.

"Tell me about you before the Training Corps." He suddenly says.

"Well my town had previously fallen so I was at refugee. Nothing much happens." I shrug. He lifts up his hand and someone comes to us and hands Levi and I a little booklet.

"Why do you like tea so much?" I ask.

"Is this a question game now?" He lifts an eyebrow.

"Yes. Rules are we can only answer truthfully." I smirk.

"Okay. I like tea because it tastes amazing." He answers, "Who else in your family had a bracelet like yours?"