10. "He loves you."

A/N: I said I'll update today, so here it is!

No dedication bc Idk who to give it to.  

-

( Previously:

"Let's be real here, Johnny. If I didn't find you cheating in Annie's room, you wouldn't have told me about that kiss you shared with Nadia," I continued to ramble. I was still angry at him, and I don't know when it's going to die down. What am I saying? It hasn't even been a full 24 hours. "You would've gone home, and pretended like nothing had happened." )

*End of flashback*

MACKENZIE'S POV:

(Continuation from the last chapter).

Annie sat me down in her bedroom. I was seated on her bed, fiddling with my fingers. Will she get mad at me if I tell her that I had such little trust in her?

Annie clears her throat, getting comfortable in her seat. She then crossed her legs, "so why are you and Johnny getting a divorce?"

I sigh, muttering a "he cheated on me."

Just like Hayden did, Annie gasps. I sadly chuckle at her reaction. It's like I'm crying and laughing. I probably looked so ugly at that moment.

"With who?" Annie questions.

I close my eyes, digging my fingers into my palm yet again. I have a problem. "Nadia."

Annie's facial expression darkens, as she slams her hands on her chair arms. "That little-"

She knows something I don't.

"You know something. Spill it."

Annie sighs, looking down at her vans. "Back when I was dating Johnny, Nadia came to me, confessing her feelings for Johnny."

I nod, trying to process everything. Why didn't Nadia tell me when I was dating Johnny?

"I broke up with him so Nadia could have a chance with him. I didn't mind doing so, because I started developing feelings for Hayden." Annie turns her gaze off of her shoes, and up at me. "But then you started dating him."

I face-palmed myself. How did I not notice Nadia had feelings for Johnny? I'm such a bad friend, but so is Nadia. So I guess we're even.

"She cried to me every night, whenever you and Johnny would hang out. She never stopped liking him, Kenzie." Annie uncomfortably ran her hands through her hair. "Once you two got engaged, I told her to back off. You guys were going to get married, she needed to move on. I didn't want her ruining the relationship between you and Johnny."

"Why didn't you tell me," I sob. I wasn't mad at Annie, I just wanted to know why she didn't warn me sooner. It's too late now for me to do anything.

"She was begging me not to. I'm sorry." I just nodded.

I wasn't going to get mad at Annie. She's been a good friend to both Nadia and I.

Annie gulped. She didn't want me mad at her, I guess that's why she's so nervous. "Nadia said she'd back off and keep her feelings in check. After Lauren was born, Nadia began flirting a hella lot with Johnny." Annie emphasized the 'hella'.

How did I not notice all of the flirting? I just thought that Nadia and him were really close, I didn't stop to notice all the flirting. To me, Nadia was just being friendly. I was wrong.

I fixed all of my attention on Annie's face, she was crying. "I'm so sorry for not telling you sooner, Kenz. I told Nadia to stop the flirting, but she wouldn't budge. I even suggested telling you, but she stopped me everytime I tried telling you. She was a straight up fake friend and I had nothing else to do but sit back and watch the whole thing play out."

At this point, we were both crying. I got out of seat on the bed, walking over and sitting down on the chair beside Annie.

I hugged her arms, "I'm not mad at you, Annie. You're telling me this now, and that's all that matters."

Her tensed up body slowly loosened, as she hugged me back. 

After a minute or two, we pulled out of the hug and she continued telling her story.

Annie brought her knee's to her chest, as she faced me. "Yesterday, the day I assume Johnny cheated, Johnny, Lauren, Nadia, and I were seated in Hayden's bedroom while Hayden was playing some stupid video game in the living room."

I nodded, allowing her to proceed right after.

"Lauren went down to the kitchen, although I doubt Hayden noticed her." 

Things finally started to add up. They started to make sense. Pieces of the puzzle were coming together as a whole. And I was glad. I don't want any un-solved mysteries after I hand in the divorce papers. I just want to know what happened, and be done with it.

"My mom called me while we were still seated in Hayden's bedroom. My mom said that she wanted to talk privately, so I told Johnny and Nadia that I would go to the bathroom to take the call.

I even warned Nadia with my eyes to not try anything, I mean, she was going to be alone in a room with Johnny for the first time," Annie shrugged.

I narrowed my eyes, "when I called you, why did you lie to me about being at Hayden's house?"

Annie sighed, "I got fired from my job a week ago, that's why I've been moody the last couple of days. My parents are kicking me out of their house. They said I need to get a job, and that they shouldn't have to take care of me at this age. I was crying, and I didn't want you to come over and see me like that."

I tilted my head. "Why don't you just move in with Hayden? I mean, he is your boyfriend after all. You guys have been dating for a long time now. You spend most of your time at his house anyway."

Annie nodded, agreeing with me. "I've been planning to ask him. But I don't know how he'll react."

"He loves you, why wouldn't he let you move in? If not, you can move in with me. You're always welcome" I smile. 

Maybe Hayden is just like Johnny.

Johnny said he loved me. Then the very next day, he went over and kissed Nadia. That's not love. Maybe Hayden will do the same thing to Annie.

Maybe.

But probably not.

Annie shakes herself, jumping out of her seat. "I'll try. But thank you for the offer! Now, let's get back down."

I nod and we both exit Hayden's bedroom, walking down the stairs.

A/N: Vote and comment and stuff. 

So... I've made up my mind about my whole confusing schedule.

After I'm finished my current 3 books, I'll publish my new one. I've been pre-writing chapters for about a month, so once school starts, I can update regularly.

Because of Lauren is almost finished, and 'It's been a year' will probably be over in about 2 weeks, bc I post a lot.

Maybe I'll publish it before I finish Divorced? Idek we'll see I guess.

-1190 Words.

-