Chapter 38

Hoseok stares at your empty desk in every class he once shared with you. His heart was severely damaged and he hasn't been keeping up on his studies. The teachers pity him, they try their best to make sure that Hoseok gets the education he needs to keep up with the class, but he's still steadily falling behind.

Jungkook has been trying his best to cheer him up, however it doesn't always work. Hoseok still wore the same distant look and his cheery demeanor is replaced with a depressed copy. Jungkook frowns as he sees Hoseok staring off into space during their study hall, a textbook opened but is refused to be read.

"Hyung, I think you should—"

"I'm not in the mood to hear it, Jungkook." Hoseok's words have no emotion and Jungkook presses his tongue against the inside of his cheek.

"Hyung, I hate seeing you like this. What do I need to do to make you less depressed?"

"Give me Y/N back." Hoseok's answer is always the same every time Jungkook asks the question. Jungkook flares his nostrils and presses his lips in a thin line.

'Think, Kookie... there must be something...' But what? What could he possibly do? Jungkook taps his finger against his thigh as he thinks of someone who could possibly be of any help.

And no one comes to mind.

"Has CiCi and Tae found out anything yet?" Jungkook asks and Hoseok shakes his head.

"They're not allowed to take any part of Y/N's disappearance since they're going to be tried for larceny... They're kept on careful watch all day and all night."

"Dammit!" Jungkook growls and he's immediately shushed by the students around him, "They're the best people for the job, and they're not going to let them do what they're good at?"

"It doesn't matter, Kook. There's no tracks that can point us in any direction. It's like they've gone off the grid!" Hoseok buries his face in his hands and takes in a deep breath, "I don't know what else to do, Kookie..."

Jungkook can only stare at the sad man, the younger furrows his brow as he tries to wrap his mind on someone who can help him. His eyes light up and widen before he lightly taps Hoseok's shoulder.

"I'll be back, hyung... I'm going to make a phone call." Jungkook quickly rushes off to the men's room, he fumbled with his phone and he presses it against his ear.

"Hey, it's me, remember that favor you owe me? Yeah, well I'm cashing it in now... What? No! I don't know if Jackson is single— look don't get side tracked! This is really important!" Jungkook runs a hand through his hair, "Give me everything you can find about Kim Namjoon and Woo Jiho, mhm. You can do that? Awesome! Thank you so much, Rosé! Use whatever girl power you have, I know they're really good at finding things out— No! I didn't mean that as an insult! I was complimenting your detective skills— look just please do this for me, I'm trying to help Hoseok... He's not doing too well. Yeah, I'll tell him. Thanks, Rosé."

Jungkook hangs up the phone and quickly makes his way back to Hoseok. He stops in his tracks when Hoseok isn't at the place he left him.

"Hobi?" Jungkook looks around the room, students giving him nasty looks as he continues to search for his brother, "Hoseok? Hoseok!"

Jungkook swears under his breath as he army marched into the hallways, a sickening feeling forming into his gut the longer he can't find Hoseok. He breaks out into a sprint as he begins to check everywhere he can possibly think of.

"Where've you gone?"

~*~

Hoseok tries to bat away the arms that hold him by his waste, his vision disoriented after he was pricked in the back of his neck. Hoseok looks from side to side as he tries to flail around and get loose from whoever is slowly dragging his body further and further outside the school.