Chapter 47: Sorrows

Mingxia Jie was unaware of the chaos, and it would stand like this for a long period of time. But for now, she had arrived back at the Velvet Piano. She had seen Bai's shadow enter before she had, knowing full well that the collar didn't work in the establishment. On her way back to her room she noticed someone's gaze on her. She ignored it at first, but a very mean cough interrupted her gaze. She looked and saw the garden that Bai had been in last time. She entered and saw clothing flutter behind the tree. When she saw Bai sitting there; at first she was confused but then looked into his eyes. Now she knew that Bai wouldn't just spill his heart out for her. So a devious plan came into his mind. She disappeared before appearing with multiple bottles of alcohol.

Bai looked up at her with the large amounts liquor and smirked at her.

-"You plan on getting drunk with me Jie'er?"

-"I plan on getting you heavily drunk."

He let out a chuckle and accepted the liquor. This continued on into the early hours of the morning. She had successfully got him hammered. A hiccup came from Bai's lips as he drawled on about his annoyances. However; he still wouldn't spill the details that entrenched his heart. So in an attempt for privacy, she brought him back to his room. Mingxia Jie was exhausted and laid down in his bed. She noticed Bai didn't move. Tears swirled in the pools of his eyes. She couldn't know why. Silent tears slid down Bai's face like traitors.  She tried being sympathetic. She opened her arms and Bai dragged his feet to meet her. He chuckled in his drunken state.

-"This was you plan the whole time?"

-"You proud of me Bai?"

-"Proudest."

He collapsed in front of her. His tears running down his face. She brushed away the hair that stuck to his face. Each strand being swept away into his hair as Mingxia Jie took her thumb and wiped away his tears. Each minute showed a quiet mournfulness that never left. Each second made the walls around Bai's heart collapse. He beared his heart for her, no judgement came, not even a sound. Such a closeness with someone made Bai feel a weightlessly happy.

-"I miss her Jie'er. Why did she have to go? They were planning on having a family. I was suppose to be a godfather. It's all gone. She left me alone like everyone else."

This peeked Mingxia Jie's interest. She had the opportunity to get to know the man that had kidnapped her. Each to his own devices, she coaxed him into telling her.

-"You want to know? Alright. I'm an orphan. Because of the colour of my hair and eyes I was abandoned. Eventually I escaped the hell hole. I roamed around and found this place. I rose so high. The heavens couldn't touch me. Everyone wanted to be me, and everyone was jealous. I had everything."

Bai choked on his words, before laughing histerically. 

-"That's when I heard about her. I was curious to know if she was real. Jie'er she was real. So real. And then I realized who she was. And I was even happier. But then it was gone. My parents left me, the whores left me, the money left me, everything left except the high from work.  But that won't matter much longer."

Both were exhausted from such discussions and crawled onto the bed before sleep took him away. Mingxia Jie had no more reason to be there in that room. Her soft footsteps rung in the halls. She went back to the tree and sat looking up at the nightsky. She had so much to do, but she was unable to at the moment. She noticed that she hadnn't caused some trouble and changed to create more mayhem. After changin she took some paint and started vandalising the imperial palace. Including the Emperor's chambers, the concubines. Her painting as well included the throne room, where the officials met. And the gate was strung up with a banner that read. DISAPPOINTMENT. The next more Jiang was in an upheaveful from last night.

Rumors spread wildly. The Emperor tried putting them down, but the damage was too great. Back at the Red Velvet, everyone was in cahoots. The paint stained everything, even after the maids profusely scrubbed the halls. It never fully came off. The same thing continued onto the next day. But it did have its consequences. Outside of the Red Velvet sat the masked men. One spoke

-"Oi? You twats ready to move?"

-"Shut up. You know we have to wait for her to leave. And we need to get the collar off her."

-"That's not the case now."

-"What do you mean."

-"Look."

The man who had spoken last had more of a childish voice. The other four focused on Velvet Piano. Just down below Bai had found Mingxia Jie and taken off her collar.  The men watched with devious grins. The problem had worked itself out completely without issue at all. 

-"Alright boys. It's time to get to work."

-"Since when do you work?"

-"Shut up."

-"Let's go."

And with that they disappeared.

____________________________________________

wowow. although this is a short chapter i hope you enjoy. the posting schedule is still going to be wonky so bear with me in the mean time ok.