Chapter 52: Too Fast

"Watch out baby," he said walking behind me. We were coming from an engagement party. "I know, bare with me" I struggled walking down the steps. "Don't hurt my baby mommy" Ricky smirked. I smiled "The baby is fine," I said finally getting down the last step. He held my hand "Thankyou" I said. He wrapped his hands around me. I blushed with deep butterflies in my stomach. I was loving this new side of him he was gentle and not so broken like he used to be. Very calm and persistent with me. The only thing he was worried about me, Morgan, Jace and our first child together on the way. "Can you give me a massage when I get home? I asked.

"Oh, I'm gonna give you a massage" he said in my ear. "Uh uh, strictly a massage" I laughed. "I don't think I can promise that" he patted my butt

"Look at the two lovebirds" Dreux said coming upon us with his little girl on his back. "Years later and you still on this" Ricky said. "Daddy I want ice-cream" Dylan smiled. Dreux looked up at her above his shoulders. "No, you ran through like 4 cupcakes when I wasn't looking; you think you gonna have me up all night," he said. "Na uh" she laughed

We saw a car ride down blasting music loud. "Damn who's that? Dreux asked. "Probably Junior's ass he doesn't know what to do now that Maya got him a car," he said. We saw the window roll down and suddenly everything went slow. Gunshots were aimed at them. "Ricky" Dreux yelled. Josie and Ricky immediately dropped to the floor ducking behind a car. Dylan screamed in fear while Dreux covered her. Ricky hovered over Josie. Once the car drove by Ricky immediately got off her. She turned around and screamed. "NOOOOOOO"

"Ughhh" he groaned in pain touching where he's been hit.

"Oh shit, fuck" Dreux ran over. Ricky was drenched in his own blood. Josie got on top of him. "Baby, stay with me? She begged. Everyone ran outside and began screaming. Dreux called the ambulance. Josie began crying lifting up his shirt. "I'm good" he grunted leaning against the car door. Josie panicked trying to cover up his wound with her scarf. He removed her hand from his knowing it was his time. S-stop... I love you" he said looking at her full of regret. Things were finally starting to look up for them and it was a shame it took so long. "No, no don't speak like that" she cried. Dreux began crying "Bro you gotta stay up" he begged. Ricky struggled to keep his eyes open. Josie got on top of him lightly tapping his face. "No no no Ricky.. wake up" she cried. "I love you, I love you all" he coughed up his blood. Ricky finally took his last breath. She leaned over kissing his forehead. "OH MY GOD," she cried. Kamaya ran outside and began screaming. "They took my bro, no... fuck" Dreux screamed. Josie laid on him continuing to cry. "Ricky, noo please wake up" she cried. "OH MY GOD," she cried. Shortly the ambulance came "Ma'am, please can you step away from him"

 Shortly the ambulance came "Ma'am, please can you step away from him"

"Sweetie, I know its hard please let us help you," they asked her. She wouldn't budge. Dreux had to literally pull her off, her dress was now pained with his blood.

Josie opened her eyes looking up at the ceiling. She rolled overturning her alarm clock off. She wiped the tear from her eye rising up from her bed relieved that it was just a bad dream. She looked at her phone to see that it was 2 am.