Chapter 27

Readers, don't forget to vote, comment and enjoy!

🌺🌌🌺

Just sitting here hungry was already enough. When was Aunt Lillian going to be done with whatever she was doing? She was taking forever. And my stomach was growling for food.

"Alright," Her voice brought me back to reality. I removed my knuckles from under my chin. Snapping out my daze, I gave her my full attention. "Here we go. I'm going to make you one of my most famous sandwiches." I nodded. She went to the refrigerator to pick out her ingredients.

After she had woken up, she raised hell throughout the house on how hungry she was. It was too late to call in take-out and she was too starving to go out and get something to eat, too lazy and hungry to cook. The closest fast food joint was nowhere near, she told me, so we...yes, we decided to eat sandwiches. I would've already made my own sandwich but she told me to wait (for I don't know what reason), so I didn't protest. Maybe she had something planned so I decided to give it a fighting shot.

She was out of her work attire whatever that was and now in a strained creme shirt and jeans, her hair in no form of brushing, her face pale free of any traces of make-up. It made her look quite pretty.

"This is gonna take no time at all," she said, her voice still in the same dull tone. But I heard it wanting to liven up. How my ears could tell, I hadn't a clue. She took four slices of bread from the loft then slid it out of the way. Next she grabbed the butter she got from the fridge and gave it to me. "Spread it lightly over the bread." I did what I was told. "Good, now do the same with the jelly on the other ones."

I did just that. When I was finished, I stared at  her, waiting for more orders. To my shocking surprise, there weren't anymore. With round, wry eyes, I watched her put  the buttered breads on top of the jelly ones.

Oh, shit. Gross. I thought we were gonna at least toast the bread and have jelly sandwiches. Not...this.

"See. Told ya it was no big hassle." She picked up one sandwich and took a casual bite. I had to keep myself from gagging.

"Oh, God," I groaned and ran a hand over my face. "Seriously?"

"Stop bitching," she said around the quickly disappearing sandwich. "It's good. Mm. Try it." My stomach dropped just at the look of the sandwich in her mouth.

"Hmph. I'll pass."

"Bella. Come on." She picked up the second sandwich and aimed it at my lips. I clasped them shut.

"Mm-mmm," I mumbled. No way was she feeding me that thing.

"Just onnne little bit."

I shook my head. "I think not." I twisted my body so the rotating stool would follow. She tilted her head and gave me a stern look.

"Give the taste a chance," her voice just as stern. "What could go wrong?" I swirled back to facing her, my eyebrows rose. What could go wrong? She's kidding right? If I didn't like the taste, I was going to throw it up obviously. Did she want to be responsible of cleaning that up? Knowing her just for a day in a half, probably not.

I scoff-chuckled. "Not enjoying it."

"You will once you take a bite." Oh please. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. There was no way I was going to enjoy a taste of butter and jelly on bread. The sound of it was disgusting. What do you even call a sandwich like that? A Belly sandwich? Jutter sandwich? Buttelly sandwich? What?

I beamed. "Mm, forget it." I reached for the loft of bread and slid it back towards me to make my own type of sandwich. I unfolded the plastic and took out a pair. "Do you have any peanut butter?" She shrugged and took another bite of her so-called sandwich. Her eyes rolled behind her head. She moaned.