| O17. REAL LIFE

y/n waited for her friends to show up outside the grocery shop. they loved to dick around, joke together and buy new food they had never tried before.

she kept on waiting, checking the time any when and then, but no rosie nor kay showed up.

instead, y/n found herself staring at a slim figure: a tall, pale boy with curly and dark hair was just in front of her. he had a worried look in his deep, brown eyes. his lips were swollen - he had probably been biting them too much.

y/n's heart skipped one beat.

finn.

he noticed she was staring. he walked towards her and tried to grab her hands. he stopped, knowing she wouldn't have let him.

"can we talk?" he pleaded, latching his look with hers. "please."

y/n sighed, trying to sound tougher than she actually was. if you could hear her brain, you would've heard something like HE'S HERE HE'S FUCKING HERE PLEASE SOMEONE SAVE I'M NOT READY TO SEE HIM I STILL LOVE HIM I'M JUST TOO HURT.

finn stared once more into her eyes - actually, he had never stopped.

y/n assumed a tough expression, licking her lips and scoffing. "you gotta be quick, i've better things to do than talk to my ex boyfriend."

his hopeful expression fell off his face.

"i get it, you're mad at me," he strated, biting his bottom lip. it was starting to hurt, probably bleeding. "but you know how much of an anchor you are to me. you've been there for me. you helped me going through anxiety."

she scoffed. "is that why you trusted millie more than me?"

finn winced as if she had just hit him in the stomach.

"i'm so fucking sorry." he breathed, grabbing her hand and putting it on his chest. his heart was beating super fast. "here, feel it. please, y/n. at least tell me you'll think about it."

she smacked her lips together.

"i don't know, finn."

in that moment, she realised it wasn't actually his fault.
it wasn't actually him.
it was his anxiety.
he believed millie because they were far away, way too much.

y/n couldn't help him, so he believed the first person who seemed to be able to help him.

little did he know, Millie was putting him in a mess he would've regretted.

"please" he begged once more. "friends?"

she looked up to him, a skeptical face on her face.

"maybe."