I may have stolen the script from Chris

Seb, Lizzie and I went out for lunch after training. The session went on for a good three hours, so we were starving by the time we actually left the gym.

It didn't take long for me to shower and freshen up. I didn't bother with any makeup after my shower, I just threw on my huge sunglasses to do my best to avoid this Atlanta sun. I threw on a pair of jeans with a simple crop top and threw on my white converse.

"So, where do we want to go?" I asked as I joined my friends waiting in the lobby.

"We were thinking about going to that new diner down the street. Robert said he went there a few days ago and really enjoyed it." Lizzie replied.

"Then it's settled." Seb smiled as he opened the door for us.

It wasn't that far of a walk to the diner and it was nice to be out in the sun for a while. We talked about the movie most of the way, discussing who had what scenes left to do.

"How do you know what you have left to do?" Lizzie asked as we sat down in one of the booths.

"I may have stole the script from Chris." I smirked and picked up the menu to see what was on offer.

"They let Chris have the script! If I'd known that I would've stolen it too!" She laughed.

I settled on ordering pancakes and a milkshake so I passed the menu to Sebastian who sat next to me.

"How come you don't get the script?" I asked him as he scanned the menu.

"Not too sure. Very few people get the script. I know Pom did and Benedict as well."

"Poor Bucky." I pouted at him sarcastically and watched as he shook his head.

Lizzie's phone lit up with a text. She quickly picked it up and read it.

"Good thing we didn't go far, they want me on set. Chris said they weren't convinced with a scene and want to change some of the dialogue. Sorry guys."

We stood up and hugged her goodbye and watched as she left, leaving Seb and I to continue our lunch.

"You know I think of you as a sister, right?" Sebastian asked, looking serious all of a sudden.

"Yeah and you're like my brother." I stated obviously.

"You never told me what happened with Tom. You never told anyone, really."

"It's a long story."

I was sat on the couch in my apartment, watching reruns of Friends. It was a normal Wednesday afternoon when I didn't have any press interviews to be doing.

I had a blanket pulled up to my chin to avoid the cold Massachusetts weather outside. I had a cup of hot chocolate in my right hand with my phone in my left, texting my boyfriend.

I couldn't help but smile at his cheesy messages. Even though he's miles away, he never failed to make me smile. I know he's only in Atlanta, but when I can't be with him it feels like it's the other side of the world.

My phone rang in my hands, interrupting my conversation with Tom. I picked up the phone and turned down the volume on the tv.

"Hey Chris." I chirped as I took a small sip of the hot drink. "How's filming? You've only been gone a few weeks, you can't miss me already." I chuckled.

"Kid, there's something you should know." He said solemnly. "It's about Tom."

"Is he okay?" I rushed, sitting up and putting my drink on the coffee table in front of me.

"Last night, everyone went out to this new club down the street from the hotel we've been put up in. I spent most of the night with Tom and Lizzie, just exchanging embarrassing stories about you. I told the Disney Land story by the way - everyone knows. Sorry"

"Okay, first, you promised you wouldn't tell anybody about Disney Land after you embarrassed me in front of Scarlet the first time I met her. And second, what does this have to do with Tom?" I questioned, suddenly becoming very confused with the story.

"Well, I went to get some drinks but when I came back I couldn't find him. I'd assumed that he'd just found other people to mingle with or got pulled into another conversation because that's what always happens at these nights out when there's so many-"

"Chris you're rambling and I'm getting worried. Get to the point."

"I found him like an hour later. He was kissing another girl."

I felt my chest heave. It was as if my heart stopped. I couldn't hear what Chris was saying, I turned it out. All I could feel was pain. Heartache, to be more specific. My eyes burned as my waterline became crowded with tears that waited to fall. I tried my best to hold them back, I knew as soon as one slipped out I wouldn't be able to stop.

"Carter? You still there?" I could hear the concern in his voice. "I'm so sorry kid. I know how much you love him."

"Yeah, I'm still here." There was a lump in my throat and my words came out distorted as I tried to keep myself from falling apart. "Are you - um, are you sure? It could've been anyone?"

My brain tried to rack up any logical excuse, there's so many boys in Atlanta who have brown hair and brown eyes.

Don't they say everyone has a doppelgänger?

"It was him. I don't know what happened after that. I got pulled away but I didn't see him for the rest of the night."

I said nothing and just listened to the sound of my heart beating in my ears. If it was beating any harder it would leap out of my chest.

Though it already felt as if somebody had carved it out.

"Does anybody else know?" I used my free hand to wipe my face as single tears managed to fall.

"Just Lizzie. I didn't know what to do, Carter. Every part of my wanted to go over there and hit him right in his cheating mouth but-"

"No, no, no. I get it. Thankyou for telling me. I love you, okay?"

"I love you too, kid." I hung up the phone and stared at the wall for a moment, unsure of what to do with myself.

As I sat in silence in my living room, it all hit me like a tonne of bricks.

I sobbed uncontrollably as tears fell down my cheeks. I tried wiping them away but new ones kept falling faster than I could keep up with.

I gave up with trying to keep my checks dry and instead just let them stain my face. My chest rose and fell quickly as my breathing shallowed and my chest heaved.

Anger overcame me and without thinking, I picked up my mug and threw it at the wall in front of me, watching as it shattered to irreparable pieces.

Just like my heart.

Sebastian just stared at me as I continued to eat my pancakes.

"I'm so sorry, little Evans." He sighed, wrapping his arms over my shoulder and pulling me in for a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~